Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Central Jakarta
BACKGROUND OF THE POSITION
KARINA (Caritas Indonesia) is the humanitarian arm of the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia based in Central Jakarta and is officially considered as a member of the Caritas Internationalist confederation. Established in mid-2006, it recently completed its first strategic planning in early 2008. KARINA acts as a coordinating, animating and facilitating body for all the 37 Dioceses incorporated under the Bishops’ Conference of Indonesia. Karina now has Program Division and Support Division. Program Manager is under Program Division
DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION
The Program Division is one of division in karina organization that lead for all of Program item start from the planning, budgeting, communicating/advocacy, monitoring and staffing.
The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director
The contract will be two years with the possibility for extension
DETAILS OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Describe under each of the following sub-titles as needed)
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficient coordination and management of all KARINA programs and program staffs under his/her supervision in Indonesia. In addition, the Program Manager must ensure best practices in all program areas with a strong commitment towards Caritas Internationalist’ principles and values and an understanding of the role of the Catholic Church in emergency and development activities.
His/her main duties and responsibilities are:
- Manage KARINA’s Program planning and implementation,
- Manage KARINA’s Program budget,
- Manage program partnership, and serving as a Focus person for Program-related information.
- Manage communication, information and advocacy to ensure a success of programs/projects goal.
- Supervising Program staffs.
KARINA’s Program Planning and Implementation
- To be accountable to Executive Director of KARINA.
- Develop and manage program/project cycle of KARINA: planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of all KARINA’s programs/projects.
- Oversee identification and formulation of new projects.
- In coordination with the finance manager and coordinator, examine, review and refine carefully all project/program proposals submitted by program and finance officer and/or implementing partners (Dioceses or other related organization).
- Oversee arrangement and assignment of program staff formeetings/conferences/workshops/training/events related to KARINA’s programs, includingsupport for partners.
- Oversee monitoring of program implementation both formally (based on staffs’ report) and informally (field visit).
- Examine and finalize all program-related narrative and financial proposal and reports before being submitted and released to funding donors and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure that project/program proposals and program/project reports are developed and submitted timely to funding donors and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee program documentation (including internal documents, records and training materials).
KARINA’s Program budget.
- Responsible for overall program budget.
- Responsible for proper planning of proposal budget and financial disbursement of projects/programs.
- Responsible for acquisition of external funding.
- Together with FinanceUnit involve in writing and examine carefully on budgeting feasibility, implementation and its reporting.
- Ensure proper allocation of project funds as determined by the project purpose and the project agreement.
- Distribute project funding to the implementing partners to ensure projects are accomplished within the proposed plan and time frame.
- Monitor project financing through evaluation of implementing partners’ reports and/or related divisions of KARINA and subsequently provides consolidation of reports.
- Coordinate fund allocation for the project cost.
Supported by the Information-Communication-Advocacy Coordinator:
- Develop and manage communication and advocacy strategy, and its implementation in order to support program/project goals.
- Manage information and database on related project/program.
- Motivate and coach the program staffs in developing and extending KARINA’s network.
Serving as a Focus person for Program/Project Partnership.
- Establish cooperation with donors and financial institution for project/program funding support.
- Regular and consistent communications and updating of project development with member donor partners.
- Assist Executive Director to raise funding support from donors by developing and submitting program/project proposal.
- Assist institutional management in lobbying for strengthening financial institution and guarantee sustainability.
- Participate in workshop/meeting/event with local and international partners.
- Establish and maintain contacts with donors, local and international NGOs and relevant agencies.
- Liaise and coordinate with Caritas partner organizations and other partners relating to project/program
- Travel to KARINA’s project sites for monitoring/evaluating/managerial accompaniment of the project.
- Assist recruitment process and build program division staff’s capacity.
- Supervises the Program staffs and conduct the staff performance appraisal for the supervised staff.
- Oversee and support the Program staffs to ensure high quality of project deliverables and timely submission of reports.
- Manage and supervise program staff under his/her responsibilities for the success of program/project implementation.
- Deus Caritas Est on spirituality and organized charity action.
- Based on KARINA and CI guiding values and principles.
- Working in a team, internally with program staffs and working team from another institution.
- Good planning and good implementation.
- Participatory and communicative.
- Efficient, accurate and supportive.
- No corruption, accountable and responsible.
- Transparent (have to appropriate with what had been spent and had been accepted, also show supportive evidences).
- Write Back to Office Report after attending/ meetings/conferences/workshops/trainings/events/site visits to project location with project partners and/or donors.
- Graduate from D3/S1/S2 (any discipline)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Program Manager
- Experience in program planning and program management (including monitoring & evaluation), in particular related to disaster-risk reduction, emergency response, capacity building.
- Sets clear performance goals and standards, execute responsibilities accordingly.
- Good understanding of humanitarian response program principles and challenges.
- Substantial experience in the management of large humanitarian operational programs (including health, shelter, livelihoods, NFI, logistic, finance, human resources) and understanding of relevant issues.
- Well-developed written project design and reporting skills, and experience in reporting on international relief and development program.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, relationship building, leadership, diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and orally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary degree.
- Experience and knowledge of managing development funds, including submitting proposals, reporting on and acquitting of funds.
- Experience of capacity building and mentoring of local organizations.
- A commitment to work within the principles and values of Catholic Social Teaching;
- Ability to work independently as required and in the same time able to work in team work.
- Having good leadership in personnel management.
- Familiarity with the Not-For-Profit and the Catholic sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Experience working with the Catholic Church network
- A commitment to work within the principles and values of Catholic Social Teaching
- Understanding of strategies for working with the poorest, marginalized and most vulnerable.
Application, CV and contact details for 3 references should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com at the latest 16 October 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.