Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Tapanuli Selatan, North Sumatera:
North Sumatra Forest and Watershed Management Coordinator
The role of this position is to work closely with and to support government institutions such as Forest Management Unit (KPH), Social Forestry and Environmental Partnership Agency
(Badan PSKL), Watershed Management Agency (BPDAS), District/province Development Plan (BAPPEDA), related NGOs, local communities and other relevant stakeholders. She/He is responsible for facilitating CI’s works in forest and watershed management in Tapanuli Selatan and Tapanuli Utara Districts in collaboration with those agencies. The position is expected to able to engage local community in realizing the plan and strategies developed in forest and watershed management while maintaining good relationship with partners.
The position will report to the North Sumatra Landscape Manager and requires to coordinate and work closely with other team in field offices, CI staff in Medan, Jakarta and HQ Offices.
- Facilitate the local community in developing social forestry program and watershed management plans and in execution the plan.
- Build partnership with KPH, BPDAS, BAPPEDA, NGOs and other stakeholders’ social forestry and watershed management
- Establish strategic and creative green sustainable forest management model with local community
- Assist the district government and/or private to develop and implement the social forestry program/ PES scheme through participatory and transparent approaches; This include identify potential areas and develop the PES. schemes
- Conduct capacity building and technical assistant to local community, NGOs, other CSOs, private and district government in managing/restoring/protecting forest and watershed;
- Provide forest and watershed management materials and training that can be transferred to local stakeholders, public and private sector parties so as to support improved long term outcomes;
- Promote experience-based learning processes and policy feedback loops/mechanisms with the SLP field programs and partner government, private sector, and civil society organizations
- Monthly report are submitted on time for review; This include assist the submission of biannual report,
- Ensure that field expenses are allowable and in line with budget proposals and CI regulations
- Has degree in forestry or natural resource management-related science with a minimum 3 years of experience;
- Experience in facilitating and developing forest and watershed management projects in Indonesia;
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations with a wide range of people in both the public and private sectors, including business, government, non-governmental organizations, donor organizations and local communities.
- Knowledge and background in the customs and government organizations of Indonesia.
- Experienced working with FMU (KPH), BPDAS, BAPPEDA and national park management units;
- Demonstrated and proven commitment to protection and conservation of natural resources;
- Willingness to travel and work long hours, including work in remote are and work weekends as needed.
- Proven record of success as part of interdisciplinary project teams;
- Flair for diplomacy; negotiation, mediation, conflict resolution, negotiating, develop networking and facilitation skills at all levels.
- Good English
- Computer literacy with experiences in electronic communications (i.e. E-mail, Internet, etc.) as a user including a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: < NS- FWMC> – <your name>
Closing date for the application is 20 September 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified).
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.