CWS Indonesia is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Since 2008 CWS has been implementing the UNHCR funded PURE program for refugees and asylum seekers in Jakarta. PURE assists refugees and asylum seekers, including Unaccompanied Children (UAC), to access basic services such as health care, and provides skills training and education programs. With support from BPRM and DIBP CWS is further expanding assistance to UAC and is therefore looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
Child Protection Officer: Jakarta based – 1 position
JOB SUMMARY : The Child Protection Officer creates a child friendly and supportive environment for unaccompanied children, children at risk, as well as child survivors of SGBV and ensures that effective child protection mechanisms are in place. The Child Protection Officer is also responsible for ensuring effective case management in line with UNCHR and CWS standard operating procedures and tools, focusing on unaccompanied children and other refugee children at risk
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights, International Law or other relevant field
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respecting diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc
- A minimum of two years’ experience in child protection or child care program
- Experience in basic counseling and psychological first aid for children
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate both staff and local partners/community/refugees
- Abilities to provide capacity building/training for staff and refugees on child protection/child rights issues
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions and refugees)
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point)
- Significant skill in reporting, documentation and database management is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of Dari/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu will be an added advantage
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation, a CV, Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 23 September 2016, Please send applications to cwsindonesia.gmail.com
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.