Regional Manager for Maluku
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
BackgroundDAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Regional Manager position in Maluku to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan Project in Indonesia (APIK). APIK will support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The Maluku Regional Manager will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in implementing interventions to strengthen capacity for climate and disaster resilience at the community level. He or she will provide strategic and technical guidance to lead the regional team’s activities. He or she will be responsible for developing the regional work-plan for his/her team and will coordinate with the other members of the regional team to implement day-to-day activities efficiently and effectively.
Objectives and Duties:
The Maluku Regional Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage the Maluku field office and oversee the core group of technical and administrative staff;
- Lead development and implementation of APIK’s workplan in regional landscapes and districts, and provide required capacity building support and technical oversight to field coordinators;
- Build and manage relationships with sub-national government, civil society, and private sector actors, and ensure coordination with relevant USAID and donor-funded programs;
- Support the finalization of the district selection process at the sub-national level, including organizing district climate working groups and conducting stakeholder consultations;
- Oversee the development, implementation, monitoring, and close-out of each activity in Maluku and provide a feedback loop on all technical and operational matters to the Jakarta office.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in development or business
- At least 5 years relevant experience in climate change adaptation or disaster risk reduction
- Prior experience providing targeted assistance to facilitate improved climate change awareness and preparedness,
- Experience in staff management, budget monitoring, and program monitoring and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, in relevant field
- Previous work experience in Maluku preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and report writing skills
- Conversational English and Bahasa Indonesia
Base of Operations:The Regional Manager will be based in Ambon, Maluku, Indonesia
The Maluku Regional Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
Application Send:Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications no later than 16 September 2016 COB. Applicants are instructed to write “Regional Manager (Maluku) – NAME” as the subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.