Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC) seeks one Jakarta-based Country Manager/Workforce Development Specialist to serve as a full-time technical team member for the anticipated JPMorgan Chase Foundation-funded, Accelerating Work Achievement and Readiness for Employment II (AWARE II) project. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the adaptation of an ICT-specific technical skills curriculum, as well as implementation of EDC’s Work Ready Now! (WRN!) curriculum and Work-based learning (WBL) toolkit in four AWARE II secondary technical and vocational training (TVET) schools in Indonesia.
The incumbent will be expected to work in close collaboration with the Thailand-based Associate Project Director, as well as the Philippines-based Country Manager.
Engaging and partnering with industry is a key component of AWARE II’s model. Therefore, the incumbent will be expected to manage the relationships with a diverse array of stakeholders including private sector partners, industry associations, education and training institutions, and ministry officials in Indonesia.
Founded in 1958, EDC is an international non-governmental organization that works to build bridges between educational research, policy and practice. EDC’s headquarters is located in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, with additional offices in New York City, Washington, DC, Nairobi, and Bangkok. EDC has over 350 projects in 35 countries with approximately 1200 employees worldwide.
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary team to assess, adapt, and implement the WRN! and WBL training program
- Manage the adaptation and localization of the WRN! curriculum and WBL instructional materials for the Indonesian context
- Organize and co-facilitate an adaptation workshop and Training of Trainers workshop (ToT) of the WRN! curriculum and WBL toolkit with partner TVET (technical vocational education and training) teachers
- Organize and co-facilitate an adaptation workshop of an ICT technical skills training curriculum with ICT industry partners and with partner TVET (technical vocational education and training) teachers
- Support and monitor delivery of the WRN! training, WBL activities, and ICT technical skills training activities at partner TVET schools in Jakarta
- Develop and implement strategies for strengthening collaborative partnership networks in Indonesia, including TVET schools in Jakarta, employers, and local government counterparts with respect to program formation and capacity building for TVET teachers
- Organize and facilitate quarterly working group meetings in Jakarta with key project stakeholders comprised of teachers, business representatives, and government education officials
- Manage Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and Contracts that define roles and expectations between partners TVET schools and local employers, including ICT technical skills training partners in Jakarta
- Liaise with TVET school teachers in Jakarta to monitor students’ progress and coordinate logistical and programmatic needs; collect learner assessment data from schools
- Provide ongoing technical support and monitoring to TVET teachers in Jakarta responsible for administering the AWARE II model.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against set targets
- Participate in inter-agency coordination meetings, and special activities or events as appropriate
- Participate in internal administrative and operational meetings, as required
- Facilitate arrangements for organizing meetings, trainings and workshops
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 6 years of related experience, preferably in education, instructional technology, curriculum development, or other related disciplines.
- At least 4 years of work experience in curriculum development, instructional design, workforce development, preferably in an NGO, international organization or business.
- Extensive experience and involvement with developing curricula or training materials to meet TVET needs in Indonesia and/or in comparable nations.
- Experience and/or training in career guidance and counseling or human resources management desired.
- Must have experience working with youth and teaching or facilitating experience.
- Has experience in using active learning teaching methodologies.
- Computer literacy, preferably including database applications and knowledge of website management.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, experience in proposal writing is an
- Strong interpersonal communications, negotiation, presentations skills and experience
working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multi-tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
This is a local hire position and is open to Indonesian citizens and non-citizens with valid work authorization. A competitive benefits package and salary will be provided in local currency. This is a full-time position for 12 months with the possibility of extension based
on availability of funding.
on availability of funding.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their CV and cover letter to email@example.com by October 7, 2016. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Country Manager” in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
EDC 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453 firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please Posted: ___________________________ [date]
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.