Short-Term Program Manager, Indonesian Science Fund (DIPI)
(Updated September 8, 2016)
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organizations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
Palladium is seeking a short-term, Indonesian (local hire) Program Manager to support the Indonesian Science Fund, based on Jakarta. The initial assignment for this position is for twelve months (full-time) with possible extension.
The Indonesian Science Fund (Dana Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia/DIPI) is a new organization established under the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (Akademi Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia--AIPI), as an independent mechanism to directly fund scientists and engineers to produce world –class research. DIPI will establish a procedure to fund multi-year grants on a variety of scientific topics, which will be awarded based on merit-based procedures and a system of peer review.
USAID/Indonesia is supporting the establishment of this new fund by funding technical advisers, such as this Program Manager position, to set up the process for conducting the first set of grant awards, develop the second call for proposals, and to help create long-term sustainable procedures to ensure the stability and sustainability of this new organization.
The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director of The Indonesian Science Fund, and will focus on managing a portfolio of research grants along with associated activities for DIPI.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop program strategy in collaboration with other program managers
- Organize administrative, scientific and technical review for proposals received by DIPI, in collaboration with other program managers and DIPI partners
- Maintain communication with applicants as needed regarding status of proposals at various stages of review process.
- Organize and facilitate meetings regarding review and management of proposals.
- Manage a portfolio of research grants, including regular communication with awardees
- Brief senior staff on progress of applications and awarded grants.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for senior staff
- Develop and manage processes and procedures related to program monitoring and evaluation.
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the organization.
- Other duties related to program develop and manage program-related activities.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Science Steering Board as needed
- Serve as respected and trusted adviser to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A PhD in a science related field is required, natural sciences preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience beyond the PhD.
- Research experience beyond the PhD (postdoctoral research or faculty positions)
- Experience in awarding and/or managing grants, preferably scientific grants
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills (oral and written).
- Ability to solve problems of appreciable variety and complexity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, and form and maintain effective teams.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and salary history
OPEN PERIOD: September 5 – 20, 2016.
POSITION INFORMATION: The position is full-time and will involve an initial 6-month contract to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with a possibility of an additional 6-month extension. Only Indonesian citizens may apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.