The alumni of the Program to Extend Scholarships and Training to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI) and the Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) program established a formal alumni association at their first national meeting in March 2012. During the meeting, which was attended by more than 70 alumni from all over Indonesia, the members present agreed to name the organization Asosiasi Alumni Program Beasiswa Amerika – Indonesia (ALPHA-I).
ALPHA-I has approximately 100 active members with diverse educational and backgrounds from across Indonesia. The activities carried out by ALPHA-I aim to increase public knowledge through education and research, advocacy and community service, as well as innovative activities that address needs of the community and develop relationships with local, regional and international organizations.
The primary objectives of ALPHA-I is to effectively leverage the skills and talents of its members to provide services and assistance to the community in general. Therefore, ALPHA-I and its members should utilize their leadership, knowledge, and skills as part of their contribution to community change. Alumni are required to become an agent of change in their workplace and community.
In support of this mission, ALPHA-I aims to build a strong organization that:
- Creates opportunities for knowledge sharing, for members to increase their own capacity
- Creates opportunities for collaboration, for members to work together to address social challenges
- Provides world-class expertise to Indonesia in the areas of democracy and governance, health, economic growth, education, and the environment.
- Accountable to its members through good organizational systems and procedures
- Financially Sustainable
Therefore ALPHA-I needs key personnel who can work professionally and together achieve these objectives.
ALPHA-I is seeking candidates for Finance and Operation Manager position for the Program to Extend Scholarship and Training to Achieve Sustainable Impact Phase Two (PRESTASI II) funded by USAID.
Finance and Operation Manager
Duty of statement
Finance Manager provides financial leadership and is a key personnel of the ALPHA-I leadership team who support management team in a variety of financial, administration and operational decisions. Duties include financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, grant and contract invoicing/reporting, ensure the filling of documents and supervision of Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Administrative functions. The position also serves as Compensation and benefits point of contact.
Finance and Accounting
- Perform finance and accounting functions in accordance with Indonesian Financial Accounting Standards (IFAS), GAAP, Alpha I financial policies and procedures, donor requirements, partner requirements, and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines. Includes budgeting, payroll, tax issues, variance and accounts analysis.
- Prepare and maintains the general ledger/trial balance/financial statement in excel and/or Quickbooks financial software.
- Prepare of a variety of financial records and reports including those related to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control and valuation, and fixed assets.
- Prepare the Monthly/Quarterly/Midyear reports and Annual Financial Statements; provides financial reports to donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all documents and processes for Account Receivables/Payables are fulfilled and accurately recorded based on set schedules. Includes invoicing, journals, reconciliations, reports, etc.
- Prepare and presents annual financial statements and other reports and documents for audits.
- Manage banking and cash-related activity for the office.
- Ensure proper financial filling system.
- Prepare on things that relate to taxation not limited only payroll tax but also on other tax matter to Tax Office.
- Ensuring that its fully adhered alpha I’s standard policies and procedures, donor intent and requirements and government regulations
- Prepare all audit work papers for the annual external audit; assist auditors as required
- Developing proposes improvement of the process, systems and procedures of any part of the system for which could bring to a better improved internal control of Alpha I
- Serve as liaison between Audit Team of donor and operating units to ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting and administrative policies and procedures
Program/Office Specific Duties
- Conduct financial and compliance monitoring in order to ensure proper stewardship of project funds.
- Maintain personnel and pay records and trainee disbursement records.
- Ensure compliance with Alpha I rules and regulations, donor policies and procedures; local labor, the mandated Indonesian health and social insurance (BPJS) and taxation laws;
- Ensure adherence to time and expense policies and procedures, including timely and accurate timesheet and expense reporting.
- Responsible for accurate review of all program administrative and activities disbursements to ensure that supporting documentation is always available.
- Review travel advances and travel expense reports accuracy for program staff.
- Provide financial guidance to relevant project partners to ensure that activities are compliance with donor’s finance regulations
- Provide support to Program Manager to ensure that budget of project activities are developed in line with donor’s cost norms and regulations.
- Support Program Manager in preparation of logistics for training, workshops, and other project activities.
- Assist secretariat director and management team in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Manage funds in such a manner as to maximize value for money while minimizing risk.
- Ensuring that an adequate control structure is in place over the utilization of funds which can be seen from successful audit result.
- Engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting and also in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, statistics, economics, mathematics, management, business or related area of study.
- Minimum three years of experience in a senior finance management role
- Non-profit accounting experience is preferred
- Strong detail and accuracy orientation
- Proven skills in positive problem solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Ability to work as a team member and positive contributor to a workplace environment
Please specify the position you applied for in the subject by writing: ALPHA-I Finance and Operation Manager(your name). Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone inquiries accepted.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Send your application before 21 September 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.