Founded in 1919, the Institute of International Education (IIE) is a private nonprofit leader in the international exchange of people and ideas. In collaboration with governments, foundations and other sponsors, IIE creates programs of study and training for students, educators and professionals from all sectors. These programs include the flagship Fulbright Program and Gilman Scholarships administered for the U.S. Department of State. IIE also conducts policy research, provides resources on international exchange opportunities and offers support to scholars in danger. IIE’s mission is to advance international education and access to education worldwide.
IIE is looking for Office Manager to supports a 5-year, USAID-funded Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program in Indonesia. The primary objective of SHERA is to increase the research capacity of faculty, staff, Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers at selected public and private higher education institutions in Indonesia through partnerships with U.S. universities.
Reports to SHERA’s Program Director, the Office Manager supports a wide range of organizational activities, providing efficient administrative, program, and HR-related support. S/he informs team members of relevant policies and facilitates overall office operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Organizes staff meetings, special events & offers support in developing team member and participant travel itineraries. Communicates organizational policies and answers general questions.
- Manages SHERA safety & security plan.
- Manages the procurement of goods and services and ensure compliance with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and all IIE policies and procedures., liaising with US-based Grants & Contracts, and Finance team and other relevant parties as needed to ensure compliant & efficient procurements.
- Interact regularly with New York, Washington DC and San Francisco staff.
- Manages vendor relationships; maintains office supply inventories.
- Provides overall IT support for the office, engaging third parties as needed.
- Provides assistance to Director and others on activities related to office administration and management, organizing team meeting logistics, etc.
- Administers HR-related activities. For example, maintains confidential personnel files and represents IIE with local authorities in moderately complex situations. Responsible for new team member onboarding; enrolls new team members in insurance plans, etc.
- Administers office recruitment & staffing processes for employees and interns. Works with the US-based HR department to develop job descriptions, screens applicant resumes, organizes interviews with candidates, and participates in the salary setting & negotiation process.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Manages inventory.
- Supports special initiatives through research and making recommendations to management.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business administration or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years in office administration, at least 2 years supporting HR-related processes.
- Prior experience supporting organizational procurements.
- General understanding of human resource related best practices and Indonesian labor laws and regulations preferred.
- Excellent proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016; internet software and database software.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality.
- Uses care and discretion in handling accounts and when dealing with sensitive information.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload and changing priorities and tasks under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands Essential functions are typically performed in an office setting with a low level of noise
How to apply, please send your CV with cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com no later than Tuesday 11 October 2016.
Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. All incoming CV will be keep confidential.
SHERA recruitment team
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.