SURFAID INTERNATIONAL - JOB VACANCY
Assessment Team Leader Mentawai
Food Security and Economic Development Programme through Agriculture for 14 relocated communities post tsunami Mentawai 2010
Reporting to: West Area Manager
Period/ Duration: 6-9 months (expected to start: 1 October 2016)
Program Location: Mentawai, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
SurfAid is a non-profit, international organisation working in remote locations in Indonesia connected through surfing. SurfAid has been working with programmes and issues concerning Mother and Child Health under the umbrella of Health Promotion from Health Department. Having experience for more than a decade working with the issues, SurfAid recognized that there are other issues which are closely linked to Mother and Child Health: food security and economic development.
Building from the recovery program post tsunami in 2012-2016, SurfAid will scale up the program to directly improve resilience, economic and food security through agriculture for 14 displaced communities (2853 people) resettled inland post tsunami, South Pagai, Indonesia. The program is addressed to increase access to sustainable, more resilient and nutritional varieties of crops, increase their yields, ultimately restoring livelihoods. Crops initially will be used to meet immediate food demands, and then support micro-businesses. With sufficient surplus, markets within communities and subdistrict will be established.
SurfAid is seeking an expert in assessment on food security to provide SurfAid with assistance in designing the practical interventions for the community based food security and economic development programme. The consultant should be fluent in Indonesian and English and have extensive experience in the Indonesian contact, and preferably Mentawai contact.
The general task is to conduct the baseline assessment on food security and economic development in the area, as input to the program interventions design.
The assessment is expected to cover the four main dimension of food security:
- Physical availability of food Assessing the “supply side” of food security and the level of food production, stock levels and net trade in the area
- Economic and physical access to food Assessing economic levels and opportunities, market access and market development
- Adequate food utilization Assessment of general hygiene and sanitation, water quality, health care practices and food safety and quality, including feeding practices, food preparation, and diversity of the diet and intra-household distribution of foodStability of the other three dimensions over the programme timeline Assess the risk of adverse effects the other three dimensions: food availability, access to food or food utilization and suggest potential mitigation plan.
- Assessment data input to baseline data to the program.
- Program intervention formulation.
- Final project document/handbook based on assessment and program intervention formulation.
Duration and Location
The duration of the assignment is 6 months with possible extension into 9 months (commencing week 4 of September 2016). It is anticipated that the consultant will work in several stations: the field in Mentawai, support office in Padang and Headquarter office in Medan.
The consultant should have:
- Master degree in food security or rural economic development or any related fields
- Having at least 5 years’ experience in research/survey/assessment of any of the topics: food security, agriculture-based livelihood, market, value chain, small and medium sized enterprise development in the rural areas
- Has strong experience in programme formulation on community based/community development programmes
- Master participatory approaches;
- Good English (written and verbal).
- Strong Bahasa Indonesia skills
- Having experience working in isolated island/relocated community/rural area and understand Mentawai context would be an advantage
If you fulfil the criteria, WRITE DOWN 5 MAIN REASONS THAT SHOWS YOU MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT and please send YOUR CV/RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ATLM” as your email subject. Deadline of submission is 16 September 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.