The Asia Foundation --works in collaboration with the UK Climate Change Unit (UKCCU) -- has been implementing SETAPAK Program to support efforts that improve the governance of forestry, land use and land use change in Indonesia. The program began in 2012 and is currently entering its second phase (2015-2018), and is working in Kalimantan, Sumatra and Sulawesi. Program areas include strengthening governance through partnerships with CSOs, addressing the regulatory framework for land use change and forestry issues, improving transparency and accountability, spatial planning and land use permitting, and utilizing the justice sector to address forest conversion. To achieve the result of the program effectively, SETAPAK Program needs a Program Officer for Monitoring and Evaluation.
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Project Officer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer for Monitoring and Evaluation provides direct management and implementation of all Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the SETAPAK program. S/he will be responsible for finalizing the monitoring and evaluation design for the program, managing its ongoing implementation, and ensuring that results are used to improve program implementation. S/he will also be responsible for designing and managing the implementation the research component of the program, which will involve providing support to implementing partners on research design, analysis, and writing. S/he will be responsible for ensuring quality of research results, and publication and dissemination of reports.
- Minimum three years work experience on monitoring and evaluation for development programs
- Experience designing monitoring and evaluation systems for new programs
- Experience working with Indonesian NGOs at province/district level
- Experience providing capacity support on M&E skills to NGOs, experience designing and leading trainings
- Knowledge of environmental governance issues in Indonesia highly desirable
Minimum Bachelors Degree in the social sciences (development studies, sociology, anthropology, political science) or other relevant field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Interest in the political-economy dimensions of environmental governance in Indonesia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Competency with standard word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain good relations with NGOs, government, donors and collegues
- Professional organizational abilities
- Willingness to travel to remote regions
MONITORING AND EVALUATION:
- Lead the finalization of the logframe and M&E plan, by reviewing relevance and feasibility of proposed indicators, surveying data sources, holding consultations with program partners and outside experts, coordinating with the donor, and producing a detailed workplan and budget for M&E activities. This will include clarifying M&E concepts, identifying the need for additional studies in order to meet M&E requirements, and designing such studies.
- Design and implement the M&E system for each subgrant to national and local partners, by working closely with M&E staff and program leadership of partners, supervising drafting of budgets and workplans for M&E activities, supervising implementation of M&E systems by partners, and ensuring that good quality reports are produced by partners on schedule.
- Provide technical assistance and training as needed to local partners to develop and implement M&E activities.
- Compile regular reports on M&E activities and findings, including to the program director and to the donor. Contribute to Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports and Annuals Reviews as needed. Contribute to program publications and information events which explain the project to stakeholders.
- Formulate recommendations for improvements to program implementation based on M&E findings, both within the Foundation and with program partners at the national and local levels.
- Monitor and report on uptake of these recommendations to ensure that the program and partners are active in seeking to improve implementation.
- Coordinate with other units within the Foundation as needed to facilitate cross-fertilization and internal networking.
- As a key member of program staff, participate in team meetings to contribute to ongoing program planning, problem-solving, and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the dissemination of program activities results.
- Monitor important social, political and economic developments in-country.
- Understand and comply with requirements placed on the Foundation by our donors.
- Other relevant tasks as required.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other local and international NGOs working on environmental governance issues in Indonesia, ensure coordination, and raise the profile of the Foundation's activities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing donors and funding agencies.
- Develop working relationships with government agencies at national, provincial, and local levels.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV to The Asia Foundation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2016. Please write "PO Monev SETAPAK" on the Subject of the email. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.