The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities.
We currently an opening for:
PROTECTED AREA MANAGEMENT (PAM) COORDINATOR
The Protected Area Management (PAM) Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing TNC protection forest strategies in Berau and East Kutai districts. S/he supports the Karst, Lesan and Wehea Protected Area Manager in engaging different stakeholders, i.e. different government agencies, private companies, and communities, at different levels, from village to province. S/he uses the full range of participatory methods, tools and processes to meaningfully engage communities in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the program. S/he provides technical leadership and support to the OU or region.
This may include one or more of the following functions:
- Plans and implements conservation strategies and assists local communities in the management of protection forests (hutan lindung)
- Addresses critical threats to natural systems and individual species
- Fosters cross-site learning among conservation community as well as builds the capacity of local NGO partners on biodiversity surveys, the use of GPS, etc. as needed
- Supplies eco-regional planning teams with information for site portfolios
- Develops and implements innovative scientific methods, analyses, tools and frameworks to meaningfully engage communities and other stakeholders in the management and protection of hutan lindung
- Employs a full range of protection tools to acquire varying degrees of legal interest in land and implements a variety of strategies to secure public and private support for TNC conservation priorities
- Furthers the Conservancy’s strategic goals through securing land for protection
- Coordinates support in community initiatives to take part in forest management, climate change mitigation, livelihood development, etc.
- Collects, documents and analyzes various types of data and information related to the management of protection forest
- Provides technical and logistical support during field trips, etc.
The PAM Coordinator is based in Berau and reports to the Karst and Wehea Protected Area Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experiences in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities
- Ability to communicate and work closely with scientists
- Works with media and influential officials, especially governmental, to improve TNC programs’ outcomes
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management and natural resource preservation
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than September 28, 2016. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.