AIP-RURAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Surabaya, Indonesia – DFAT-funded Australia Indonesia Partnership – Promoting Rural Income through Supports for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA).
Project Overview and Role
Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is an ambitious rural development program funded by the Australian Government which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 poor rural female and male farmers by December 2018. PRISMA focuses on eastern Indonesia (EJ, NTB, NTT, Papua and West Papua), and is the one of the largest Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) program in the world. It is part of the larger Australian-funded rural development umbrella program (AIP-Rural) that includes irrigation (TIRTA), applied science (ARISA), and financing (SAFIRA). PRISMA is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Australian Government in collaboration with Bappenas.
Under the direction of the PRISMA Team Leader and in close collaboration with AIP-Rural Secretariat, the Communications Manager is responsible for communicating AIP-Rural’s core messages to key stakeholder groups, providing support and technical assistance to intervention staff in the preparation of internal and external documentation and publications, and supervising media companies hired for individual interventions.
Applications close on 4th November 2016. Please apply via this LINK.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Click HERE for the full terms of reference.
Specifically, this person will be expected to:
- Provide cross-platform support to the suite of programs under AIP-Rural according to AIP-Rural’s Communication Strategy Matrix to communicate effectively with the key stakeholders, i.e. internal program staff, Australian Government (DFAT), Government of Indonesia agencies at the national and sub-national level, public and private sector partners, other specific target groups, and general public;
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and maintain the Communication Strategy Matrix, including tracking & updating the targets for the annual action plan. This includes the identification of key stakeholder groups, understanding & articulating the key messages / key issues (e.g. program goals, strategies, activities, achievements) to be communicated, use of appropriate media / channels, and coordination across AIP-Rural programs on communication issues;
- Demonstrate an understanding of DFAT’s branding guidelines and an ability to translate them to AIP-Rural’s communication strategy and ensure compliance in the production of all internal and external publication materials.
- Coordinate with DFAT to manage high-level visits, events and other types of activities as directed by DFAT.
- In coordination with the AIP-Rural Secretariat Operations Manager, oversee and manage the Program’s website, online photo and video gallery to ensure that these resources are fully operational and properly maintained to reflect the vision and achievements of the Program;
- Provide advice to implementation staff under the relevant AIP-Rural programs on the use of different communication tools, channels, and media to help them achieve their communication objectives.
- Plan, execute and supervise all public events such as partner gatherings/related events (in coordination with implementation staff), VIP visits, media tours, exhibitions, presentations, cross visits from other programs (in coordination with the Capacity Building Manager) and workshops;
- Provide capacity building for implementing staff to enhance their knowledge and skills on communication-related issues (i.e.: photography, handling the press, presentation techniques, public speaking, story writing, branding and markings);
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience in setting up and implementing effective communication strategies for large organisations;
- Proven experience with a variety of communication channels and tools (internet, printed media, social media, public relations, advertising etc.);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Masters degree in communication, journalism, or public relations;
- Familiarity with international donor systems and requirements, DFAT in particular;
- Experience with developing videos;
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.