The requirement on fluency in oral and written English is a must for both positions as both will involve frequent interactions with foreign partners and donors. Interviews on these posts will be partially done in English.
EOCRU ACT - HIV Study Coordinator
The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, expressing the will to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations.
In conducting the work especially in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assisting in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Through ALERTAsia, EOCRU is seeking a Study Coordinator for ACT-HIV.
Study Coordinator (SC) is a specialized research professional, who supports, manages, facilitates, and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities of ACT-HIV. S/He plays a critical role in the conduct of the study under the supervision of a designated Senior Clinical Researcher in the Oxford Indonesia Clinical Research Laboratory (OICRL), Jakarta, Indonesia. They will also work closely with the trial’s lead Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) in Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Many investigators delegate day-to-day requirements of a protocol to the SC in accordance with local authorities and hospital regulations. By performing this statement of work (SOW), the SC works with the principal investigator (PI), responsible investigator, co-investigators, department, faculty, institution and sponsor to support and provide guidance on the administration of the compliance, financial, personnel and other related aspects of the clinical trial. The SC primarily reports to the Senior Clinical Researcher with associated responsibilities to the Study Administrator (SA) of OICRL.
The duties and responsibilities of a SC may vary across different infrastructures. Some general duties are listed below, but not limited to:
- Coordinate ACT-HIV study at the Cipto Mangunkusumo and Persahabatan Hospitals.
- Manage and maintain documentation of paperwork, electronic correspondence and data.
- Compliance with all local and institutional rules and regulations related to research involving human subjects and human subject‐derived information and materials, research agreement, monitoring plan, reporting of research findings, any progress or Serious Adverse Event.
- Ensure subject safety by providing information regarding adverse events (AE), severe adverse events (SAE) and any pertinent information to subjects and investigators in a prompt manner.
- Follow up and/or resolve all comments/inputs/findings from authorities, ECs, DSMBs, monitors, collaborators and others.
- Serve as liaison to the chief investigator, site PIs, OUCRU CTU, ethics committees (EC), and government authorities, funding sponsors, partners/collaborators, Data Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMB) and monitors.
- Oversee, track and maintain financial elements in the study, including budget, payments and invoice the sponsor for completed work in Cipto Mangunkusumo and Persahabatan hospitals.
- Facilitate information exchange among investigators, department, faculty, institution, sponsor, study subjects and/or their representatives, and other support system.
- If require, serve as an advocate for the study subjects and/or co-investigators.
- Communicate with all members of the research team regarding the trial, study subjects or any items related to the conduct of the research.
- The SC will not deviate in any way from the IRB approved protocol.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related or basic science. Master degree is preferable;
- Experienced of clinical trials is essential;
- Fluently speaking and writing in English;
- Computer literacy and proficiency a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skill;
- Ability to manage and/or supervise clinical research activities;
- Ability to work effectively as a team with healthcare personnel at all levels;
- Evidence of self-motivation, initiative, creativity and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate high level of organization skills and attention to details;
- Ability to observe, comprehend, analyze and problem solve situations;
- Recognize scope of decision making, with ability to receive directions as appropriate;
Application requirement (Cover Letter, CV, three name and address of professional referees, and your salary history) should be sent to via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please quote the reference “ACT-HIV Study Coordinator”.
Duration: 1 year with possible extension
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.