The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of:
Programme Manager, Higher Education (Services for International Education Marketing)
1 (one) position, 6 – 12 months (possible extension) - Jakarta
Programme Manager, Internationalising Higher Education (IHE)
Purpose of job:
To manage the successful implementation of agreed multiple local and regional projects and undertake market scoping activities and delivery of education services by working with partners, stakeholders and wider target audiences in Indonesia and the UK to meet the British Council’s strategic objectives. The post holder will play a key role in supporting business development for UK education in Indonesia and work within a team to successfully deliver education services to institutional clients. The role will report to Senior Programme Manager SIEM.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
Our work is structured into 3 main areas: Arts, Education/Society and English language. Programmes teams comprise staff whose skill and experience are drawn from all sectors with close working relationships with teams from all over British Council operations in East Asia and globally.
British Council Services for International Education Marketing (BC SIEM) is a service based upon a regional model of delivery with clear financial and delivery targets based around 4 core service strands - Partnering and Consultancy, Marketing, Training and Development as well as Education Intelligence.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Delivery of programmes and/or projects, including
- Work with country and regional teams to promote and manage the range of education services inIndonesia and ensure high quality delivery of all SIEM products and services to UK education sector inIndonesia.
- Undertake market development activities as required by SIEM lead in-country for the responsible areas to support the identification of business and partnership opportunities for the UK as well as to raise the profile and increase the impact for Education Marketing programmes in the identified areas.
- Support the management and demonstrate initiative to build effective relationships with customers/clients/partners/stakeholders/agents/UK alumni and sponsors contributing to products and service development.
- Support the provision of market intelligence, stakeholders’ needs analysis and consumer/competitors insights analysis for the responsible markets in and demonstrate confidence to provide regular insights on implications of key intelligence to institutional clients as well as to support internal business decision-making.
Other Responsibilities and main duties
- To develop and maintain an understanding of issues in Indonesia and the UK in all relevant working areas;
- To ensure accurate recording of all new business contacts and manage accounts as agreed with Director Education and Society/Country Director;
- To be responsible for risk and opportunity identification and business assurance across a portfolio of projects;
- To manage recruitment, selection and induction as required with Country Director and promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity as part of project planning and delivery.
- Active participation and effective contribution to strategic planning as part of the EA Education team.
- Ensure the effective delivery of BC SIEM in Indonesia with a sound monitoring and evaluation system for services, effective customer relationship management and continuous development of innovative products and services
- Ensure relevant and up to date market intelligence is available and delivered to the satisfaction of UK clients
- Ensure business development and market development work
- Ensure appropriate resourcing with the right skills to meet service delivery standards
- Positive feedback from UK clients and UK and regional colleagues
External: Key customers / clients,/ partners / stakeholders / business sponsors
Internal: Country Director, programme managers, SBU leads, Marcomms team, counterparts in the UK
Other important features or requirements of the job
(e.g. travel, unsocial/evening hours, restrictions on employment etc)
Occasional travel within Indonesia, East Asia and to the UK
Regular weekend and evening work related to events
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
To apply, please visit British Council Jobs page
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Monday, 7th November 2016. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.