Job Vacancy: Orangutan Adaptation Trainer based in Jambi
The work of the Orangutan Adaptation Trainer is field based. The work will be executed in cooperation with the Open Orangutan Sanctuary keeper team. The aim of the position is to train young orangutans for an independent life in the forest. Behavioral enrichment techniques are essential part of the job. Work shifts are usually three weeks (21 days) in the field followed by one week off duty.
Terms of Employment: one year fixed term contract, with possibility of extension
Location: Jambi Province
- Execute daily training session for orangutans housed at OOS and in the forest surrounding (orangutan adaptation school)
- Responsible for scientific data collection and data analysis related to orangutan adaptation
- Consult with the Program Director about treatments and techniques used for adaptation (behavioural enrichment and orangutan adaptation school) Essential Skills
- Genuine love for animals
- University degree majoring in biology, forestry or equivalent experience in a relevant field (fresh graduates are welcome to apply)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good physical and mental fitness to work extended periods in the field
- Good understanding of nature conservation issues in Indonesian context
How to Apply
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 10th October 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.