Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Field Project Implementor - SII
Duty Station: Sumba, Indonesia
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension
Report to: Field Project Manager - SII
In 2010 Hivos Southeast Asia started the Iconic Island initiative. The Indonesian island of Sumba was chosen as the ‘Iconic Island’. Hivos Southeast Asia aims to provide access to reliable renewable forms of energy to the population of this island, and in doing so, ending their dependency on fossil fuels and support development and economic activities of the local population. With years of experience working with partner organizations to establish access to sustainable energy in developing countries, Hivos Southeast Asia is convinced that converting to sustainable energy while combining poverty reduction, is possible on a large scale. The results of the Iconic Island initiative should become an example for other parts of the world.
In December 2015, Hivos Southeast Asia signed a partnership agreement with the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-I) which allows Hivos Southeast Asia to rapidly scale up renewable energy access and income benefits by replicating the successful approaches and business models developed under our Sumba Iconic Island (SII). The partnership agreement is working to achieve two outcomes; improvement of rural livelihoods through utilization of renewable energy in rural communities; and sustainable business models to create market (energy market and energy appliances market) of off-grid RE technologies adopted.
The Field Project Implementor will be responsible for monitoring, coaching/mentoring and facilitating local partners in implementing a successful renewable energy projects in Sumba according to Hivos Southeast Asia ’s standard and project indicator.
He/she will report directly to Field Project Manager. The Field Project Implementor will be based in Sumba.
Roles and responsibilities
- To play a proactive role in the implementation of the multi stakeholders Sumba Iconic Island initiative which aims at realising 100% renewable energy at Sumba Island.
- To support the effective communication with the Sumba Iconic Island Task Force and other stakeholders in Sumba.
- Support the implementation of Hivos Southeast Asia’ project funded activities in Sumba.
- Identify new locations/areas for potential renewable energy implementation involving local community and partner.
- Provide support and guidance to local implementing partner to ensure projects activities are implemented in accordance with approved project documents and meet Hivos’ donor compliance standards, rules and regulations.
- Identify capacity gaps and training needs for local partners to improve their skills in project management and implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to program targeted districts and communities and assist in monitoring the implementation.
- Ensure high quality of service provided to communities by providing technical review and feedback on findings and recommendations, and also ensuring adequate follow-up.
- Facilitate document processes, models, best practices and lessons learnt are integrated into activities implemented.
- Advocate to local authorities’ community’s needs, and rising awareness on vulnerability identified.
- Ensure expenses are reported in parallel with activities implementation and coordinate with finance staff on financial reporting.
- Ensure high-quality narrative and finance reporting; and assist partners to provide reports within agreed time frames.
- Represent Hivos Southeast Asia for outreach and general coordination (i.e. local or provincial meetings, commune coordination meetings) as requested.
- To support and facilitate visits or visitors (journalists, consultants, politicians, donors) to Sumba including logistics preparation as requested.
- Together with Hivos Southeasat Asia team in Jakarta and the Netherlands develop and implement fundraising strategy to support a successful implementation of Sumba Island initiative.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- A bachelor degree in rural development, sustainable energy, environmental and natural resource management, economics of natural resources or other comparable education.
- An excellent understanding of energy project development, project management and community engagement.
- Good understanding of the socio-economic aspects, including gender, of development projects.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills including public speaking in Bahasa Indonesia, working knowledge and experience in English.
- Show successful track record working in and within multidisciplinary team.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in energy access programmes.
- Strong interpersonal communication to effectively interact with donors, civil society organizations, government officials and community.
- Sound experience in contributing to partnerships and multi actor initiatives
- Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations.
- Previous working experience in an international environment/organization would be an advantage.
- Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Field Project Implementer graded in Grade: 10 (from 1-12 Hivos’s salary grade)
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 21 October 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Field Project Implementor-SII’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.