Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Gender Specialist TERANG-SII
Duty Station: Jakarta based
Report to: Project Manager Green Energy Sumba
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
In December 2015, Hivos Southeast Asia signed a partnership agreement with the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-I) which allows Hivos Southeast Asia to rapidly scale up renewable energy access and income benefits by replicating the successful approaches and business models developed under our Sumba Iconic Island (SII). The partnership agreement is working to achieve two outcomes; improvement of rural livelihoods through utilization of renewable energy in rural communities; and sustainable business models to create market (energy market and energy appliances market) of off-grid RE technologies adopted.
The Gender Specialist position is aimed to provide support on mainstreaming gender into green energy projects in Hivos Southeast Asia. Together with the other team members and local partners the Gender Specialist plays a role in ensuring that gender components are well-represented and implemented in project implementation and advocacy work in accordance with project commitments and the mandate of Hivos. The position is Jakarta-based with frequent travel, primarily to Eastern Indonesia.
The role of the Gender Specialist is to play a leading role in mainstreaming gender into all activities of the Green Energy division in Hivos Hub SEA. This is done by contributing to proposals and reports, writing training modules and (draft) policy documents, developing instruments, documenting and researching gender issues related to sustainable development, environmental issues, and access to resources and by advocating and implementing awareness and training activities towards community members, government officials and other stakeholders. Furthermore, the Gender Specialist is expected to contribute to strengthening capacity of Hivos staff, partners and project team members to integrate gender analysis, issues, and equity by developing approaches and methodologies for integrating gender issues in Green Energy projects and initiatives
Roles and responsibilities
- Work in a team and communicate well with the colleagues/PO/PM;
- Ensure that a gender approach is integrated in in all Green Energy proposals;
- Integrate gender mainstreaming in existing Green Energy programmes/projects when appropriate;
- Prepare gender awareness programmes for team members and partners as deemed needed;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of gender sensitive monitoring systems.
- Where appropriate, develop a ToT programme for trainers to efficiently apply the gender monitoring system throughout the whole cycle from the design phase, implementation until the evaluation and phasing out phase;
- Develop manuals on gender mainstreaming in Green Energy programmes;
- Coordinate and contribute to knowledge development on gender through collecting and assessing documents on gender, gathering good practices and lessons learned, action research, inquiries and pilot projects, etc.;
- Contribute to dissemination of results and sharing of information through website articles, presentations, contributions to brochures, travelling exhibit, etc.;
- Advise on opportunities with donors and in the Indonesian society to apply gender sensitive activities.
- Minimum bachelor degree in social sciences. A master degree will be of advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in gender mainstreaming in development programmes/projects.
- Strong knowledge of gender, women, and development issues in Indonesia as well of the related civil society movement in Indonesia and knowledge of the challenges with respect to gender mainstreaming, preferably within Renewable Energyprogrammes.
- Experience in capacity building (training), mentoring and knowledge development.
- Experience in coordination of research activities and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Strong organizational administrative and communication skills, particularly proficiency of speaking writing training report.
- A good team worker, strong personality, assertive initiatives.
- Proven project design and writing skills, also in English.
- Can indicate his/her limits in time, plan well, be assertive and decisive and independent.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than October 25th , 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (“Gender Specialist-SII”) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.