The United States Peace Corps program in Indonesia is currently open recruitment for qualified and motivated candidates for positions in SURABAYA.
Position: Administrative Assistant (AA)
Division/ Department: Finance and Administration
Salary: Depends on salary history, minimum starting annual basic salary Rp.117,142,754
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Reports to: Director of Management and Operations
Statement Of Work – AA:
Under the supervision of the Director of Management and Operations (DMO), the Administrative Assistant assists with the day to day entry of obligations, liquidations and disbursements, per guidance of the Financial Analyst and Human Resources Specialist. This position will also assist in entering new vendors in the system, ensuring data is complete and accurate and that the vendors are not listed in the EPLS or OFAC databases. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for administering staff and Volunteer travel vouchers and travel advances. The Administrative Assistant works closely with the DMO, Human Resources Specialist, Financial Analyst and cashier to ensure that all finance tasks are performed within internal control guidelines ensuring separation of duties and appropriate control processes. Provides back up for the Human Resources Specialist and Financial Analyst when required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- Verifies all vouchers for correct computations, and completeness prior to submission to DMO for approval of payment.
- Responsible for the day to day entry of obligations, liquidations and disbursements under the supervision of the Finance Analyst.
- Assists with reconciliation of invoices and account statements under guidance of Financial Analyst
- Maintains complete and orderly files of all obligations and liquidations, ensuring all changes to obligations are properly documented.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning and mailing of financial documents as required.
- Enters actual expenses in excel tracking sheets for travel, Travel plan, health insurance and regular/quarterly expense.
- Checking sub-petty cash expense and volunteer expense claims for cashier payment. Creates obligations, payment vouchers (cashier and non-cashier) and travel vouchers in compliance with internal control guidelines.
- Serves as Alternate Cashier responsible for disbursement of funds in the absence of Cashier.
- Liaison with vendors e.g. travel agent, hotel, stationaries, car rental, internet & communication provider, shipping vendor, regarding their reconcile of invoice and payment
Volunteer Support & Related Payments
- Provides general administrative and financial assistance to support Trainees/Volunteers.
- As back-up to VESC, makes lodging arrangements for PCVs staying in Surabaya due to ET, COS, Programming or other official purposes.
- As back up of VESC, assist to records PCV leave requests, monitors PCV leave balance and informs PCVs of leave request approval. Makes sure leave forms are placed inside Volunteers’ personal files once they are correctly processed
- With FA, ensures that bicycle and settling allowance of Volunteers are recorded and accounted for in a timely manner.
- Prepares Volunteer travel allowance and per diem in connection with their attendance to VAC and other official events as requested by the DMO.
- Provides final financial payout or collection calculations for departing Volunteers and Trainees.
- Makes flight and hotel reservations for official PCT/PCV international travel. Ensure sufficient funds available for each volunteer payment through VICA
- Prepares local and international Travel Authorizations, inquires to ensure sufficient budget authority, establishes and adjusts obligations as needed.
- Communicates with local staff about travel plans and ensures obligations are sufficient throughout the quarters.
- Reviews all travel vouchers for accuracy and processes all travel advances
- Serves as the backup point of contact with travel agencies and obtains quotes and/or tickets for Volunteers and staff when necessary.
- Assists with communications with the health insurance company, assisting staff with the processing of their claims.
- Assist Human Resource Specialist for recruitment process as necessary.
- Negotiates and prepares volunteer training event contracts and agreements as assigned
- Assigned as IRC to count medical inventory physically
Related working experience:
- Minimum three years of experience working in accounting or finance. Experience with an international organization or government is preferred. Should include experience in maintenance of files and other administration
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic principles of accounting and financial control
- Knowledge of Peace Corps’ philosophy, goals, and policies
- Organization skills and abilities, including the ability to maintain accurate and clear files and documentation
- Ability to use computers, including the Microsoft suite of software, and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to act with diplomacy and tact with staff, PCVs, Trainees, community members and members of government while also upholding policies and procedures
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- University/college degree required in accounting, finance, or administration
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and Application Letter in English as one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating“AA” in the subject line of the email.
To be considered the email should be sent no later than Monday October 17, 2016 at 12:00PM local Surabaya time.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.