Overview and Purpose of Roshan Learning Center
Roshan Learning Center (RLC) is a program of Yayasan Internasional Cahaya Fajar (YICF), a non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable peoples in Indonesia. Our vision is to open doors in the future for asylum-seekers and refugees by doing a few simple things in the present:
- To provide learning experiences for children from preschool through secondary school in English, Farsi, and Bahasa.
- To empower adults to make decisions and take control of their lives.
- To build a sense of community in which all members respect, value, and encourage each other.
- We offer an excellent opportunity to serve a population in great need, become part of a dynamic international community, and experiment with progressive approaches to teaching and learning.
Job Description: Overview
We are seeking a person with excellent spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and teaching experience to teach teenagers and adults Bahasa Indonesia as a second language. Due to the vulnerable nature of the refugee community, the broader goal of this position is to create safe and welcoming learning environment while fostering hope and learning in marginalized community.
Requirements & Responsibilities
The candidate must be able to:
- Teach classes in Bahasa to teenagers and adults three days a week.
- Come up with lesson plans and adapt curricula for second language learners.
- Carry out administrative tasks such as copying, printing, and organizing materials related to teaching.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities)
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Education and experience in the classroom.
- Is able to create organized lesson plans and assess individual student progress against learning goals.
- Has the creativity to design teaching tasks that are fun and engaging for al age levels despite environmental and resource challenges.
- Qualifications (Personal Characters and Values)
We are looking for someone who is:
- Respectful and appreciative of people from all nationalities, religions, ethnic backgrounds, economic strata, and personality types; who loves the diversity and international experience this will provide; and who recognises the talents, strengths, and resilience of each participant.
- Warm, compassionate, kind, and sensitive toward a uniquely vulnerable population.
- Flexible and able to adapt cheerfully in response to last-minute changes that may arise in scheduling, group needs, or task requirements.
- Trustworthy, highly responsible, and consistently shows integrity and maturity.
- Humble and willing to do whatever tasks are needed to keep the learning center running well and to serve families who feel forgotten.
- Fun, who loves to laugh and enjoy people, and who loves teaching.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for two references to Heather Tomlinson and Priska Marianne at email@example.com by close of business November 16, 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.