Assignment: WASH Officer
Responsibility: Ensure the technical relevance of WASH knowledge and skills are internalized within Water.org partner’s staff
Location: Nationwide as assigned by partner
Duration: 1 year contract, with possibility of extension
Water.org is a U.S.-based, non - governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Water.org has succeeded in changing lives of millions of people around the world by providing access to clean water and sanitation facilities. Water.org played a role in the WASH sector to find innovative financing models, which supports transparency and partnership with stakeholders to continuously provide more change.
Water.org’s vision: “Safe water and the dignity of a toilet for all.”
One solution of Water.org is WaterCredit, which is an innovative solution to help tackle the global water crisis. Water.org partners with selected microfinancial institutions to develop a new product for financing water and sanitation facilities. These partner institutions must deliver activities in order to roll out the product to the entire operational area.
Main function of WASH Officer:
WASH Officer is responsible to support the implement the WASH loan product with MFI’s internal staff in order to reach standard target of loan disbursements per branch. WASH Officer must resolve bottlenecks with WASH Coordinator, MFI partner, and Water.org.
- Strengthening capacity of MFI’s internal team and ensure branches are reaching targets WASH Officer will travel constantly between 4-5 assigned branches for 3 months to train MFI’s field staffs about the new WASH lending product. When entering a new area, WASH Officer will assess the potential demand for WASH financing within the branch’s coverage area. Then, WASH Officer coordinates with regional and area management for support on training field staffs and ensure they are able to reach targets set by the head office. WASH Officer will closely assist and monitor to ensure that branches have sufficient procedural and WASH technical capacity to properly disburse the product. After assisting for 3 months, WASH Officer will expand to other branches similarly.
- Establish relationship with relevant stakeholders in WASH sector to support the product targets In addition to assessing the potential demand, WASH Officer must identify the existing local WASH stakeholders. The MFIs will disburse the loan, but WASH supply chain providers such as mason, hardware stores, etc. are responsible to build good quality WASH facilities as requested by MFI’s client. WASH Officer connects the WASH providers with MFIs staff for construction orders and quality assurance.
- Reporting assessment, progress, phase out, and administrative requirements In order to facilitate the successful run of the new WASH loan product, WASH Officer must provide regular reporting to the MFI’s head office team. The reporting includes: tracking loan disbursements in each branch, resolving branch challenges together with the regional team, and informing progress to the head office team for follow up actions.
- Academic background at least diploma, but prioritize bachelor degree
- Has working experiences in WASH or other relevant sector (construction, civil, environment, or public health)
- Comfortable traveling extensively to MFI branch offices on daily basis, and willing to relocate to a new area every 3 months
- Target oriented, both working in team or independent
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Preferably candidate with motorcycle license (SIM C)
We would only accept applications that include CV and 1 (one) page essay answering “How does your experience and skills make you fit for the position of WASH Officer?”. Please submit both documents by email to Kiki Tazkiyah (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Novita Sari (email@example.com) no later than October 31, 2016 noting “WASH Officer” in the subject line.
Applications that fill in these criteria will be reviewed as they are received.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.