In close coordination with the Field Oversight Advisor and technical specialists, the Field Officers will be responsible for administering the project’s field activities in support of the project’s aim to reduce gender based violence (GBV) in Eastern Indonesia. S/he will work with the team and sub-grantees to produce a high-quality, results-oriented project. The program’s aim is to improve local capacity to serve victims of GBV, raise awareness of the problem, and promote behavior change in local communities. Position will be based in Jayapura or Jayawijaya, Papua, with project-funded travel in the Eastern Region. Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
- Oversee day-to-day activities in the assigned target area (Jayapura or Jayawijaya), with a focus on the activities of grantee community based organizations (CBO) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Facilitate participatory assessments with local stakeholders, help identify grantee partners, and jointly design grassroots activities.
- Provide ongoing coaching, training, and support to grantees to help them implement social and behavior change campaigns (SBCC) and advocacy initiatives.
- Liaise with CBOs, NGOs, and key government agencies at kabupaten, kacematen, and community levels.
- Monitor day-to-day implementation of activities while serving as the Field Oversight Officer’s representative in target regions.
- Support the coordination of government and civil society GBV service providers at the local level.
- Coordinate regularly with the project’s technical advisors located in Jayapura and Jakarta and assist them, as required, with component activities in the field.
- Regularly collect and report monitoring data to M&E Specialist and assist Grants Manager with regular grantee monitoring in the field.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social science, gender studies, public health, or a related field.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 5 years of proven experience in the field of coordination of projects addressing gender and/or GBV in public, non-governmental or international organization;
- At least 2 years of experience of working in or with government structure, civil society organizations or international organization in humanitarian, social or economic field;
- At least 2 years of experience with community engagement and conducting training or other forms of capacity building;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Closing Date: 31 October 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.