About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Ethiopia, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia (or Yayasan Institut Sumberdaya Dunia) builds on WRI’s 20-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. Most of the works were on forest and land use, and in the short-to-medium term WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
Scope of Works
The Science & Research (S&R) Consultant will manage peer review processes for WRI Indonesia publications and provide support to research staff on policy research design, data interpretation, and analytical issues. The consultant's main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- With WRI Indonesia Director and Global S&R team, review publication plans. Provide early feedback to authors on producing effective, rigorous, groundbreaking content for their publications that is fit for key audiences, including policymakers, businesses, multilateral development organizations, etc.
- With the WRI Indonesia Director and Vice President for S&R, oversee the peer review process for all WRI Indonesia publications and provide feedback to authors on how to strengthen their work, help guide reviewers and authors as needed.
- Help research staff identify external experts who can effectively review work.
- Mentor and provide support to research staff on policy research design, data interpretation, and analytical issues. Help research staff organize brown bags on their research methodologies.
Reviewed research outputs and/or other scientific publications that are technically sounds and comply with current state of the art scientific background
Attributes and Credentials
- Track record of producing and overseeing high quality research. Strategic thinking, strong planning and managerial skills.
- Superb quantitative, conceptual, and analytical skills as well as a results-oriented outlook.
- Sound judgment and the ability to uphold high quality standards. Strong sense of skepticism and the ability to diagnose and articulate weaknesses in research.
- Demonstrated ability to give constructive feedback and clearly explain the reasoning behind decisions.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment in a collegial fashion as part of a small, collaborative team.
- Native speaker of Bahasa Indonesia, highly proficient in English. Excellent writing skills in both languages.
- Natural curiosity and interest in keeping current with the latest science and policies relevant to WRI Indonesia’s work.
Ph.D. in an environmental/development/social and governance discipline.
Minimum 10 years of experience in conducting policy research on environment and/or development.
- Proven experience in writing international/national scientific materials published in well-known scientific journals and/or popular magazine/newspaper
- Experience in reviewing/copy editing international/national scientific and/or popular publications
- Prior experience with government agencies
- International experience strongly preferred.
- Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Level of Effort:
- The volume of research products will vary
- The work load is estimated to average approximately 25% FTE
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit writing samples and list of publications. And Final Candidates will be invited to provide a rapid review of a sample draft.
Salary and Benefits: Consultant fee is commensurate with experience and skills. The term of payment will be discussed at the final recruitment stage.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Hereby the link to this specific advert: CLICK HERE
About WRI Indonesia
Established in January 2014 with its headquarter in Jakarta, WRI Indonesia is a non-profit research organization affiliated with the World Resources Institute, a global environmental think tank based in Washington D.C. Our 500 experts and staff work with partners in more than 50 countries; we have offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States. In Indonesia, we have run projects with partners for over 20 years, and WRI Indonesia was formally launched to build a robust in-country presence, to formalize existing partnerships, as well as strengthen our research on the ground.
WRI Indonesia’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.