The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date : November, 2016
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : Graphic Officer will be based in ZSL Indonesia Head Office in Bogor
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Communication and Outreach Manager
The Graphic Officer will be responsible to create visual materials to communicate ideas and concepts that inspire, inform and captivate community, private sector, public sector and stakeholders related to the UKCCU/NICFI project activities.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that contribute to land-based GHG emissions”.
The Graphic Officer will be based in Bogor.
- Responsible to develop the overall layout and production design for various media materials: advertisements, brochures, pamphlets, magazines and organization reports.
- Responsible to design several types of posters and leaflets to include text and illustrations, as well as other visual representations and symbols.
- Develop visual draft concepts with illustrations, photos or graphics for project progress information.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, graphic etc of the project.
- Responsible to develop material for website
- Other general project-related duties as and when required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree in graphic design or any other relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years successful experience working in similar position with an international organization, preferably an NGO
- Should be demonstrably artistic and creative.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the Bahasa and English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- General knowledge of conservation issues in Indonesia.
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); good familiarity with website design and publishing, social media tools, publishing software, competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Excellent communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner; very good writing skills with ability to interest readers;
- Self startter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and prioritizes own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than October 13, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.