Surveying / Mapping Coordinator
Abt Associates intends to respond to an upcoming Request for Proposal from the Indonesian Government, through the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia, to implement a one-year project helping over 300 rural villages in fifteen districts throughout the country to delineate and demarcate their boundaries and map their resources to attract future investment in areas that will improve rural livelihoods in an environmentally sustainable manner. In this project, Abt Associates and its team of Indonesian specialists and subcontractors will work with local communities and government in a participatory process to determine each community’s physical boundaries and then mapping its natural and cultural resource areas to create a geo-spacial database of its land, assets, and resources.
Abt Associates is seeking a Surveying/Mapping Coordinator who will directly report to the project’ Chief of Party and be responsible for the technical surveying and mapping component of the project. This position will support and oversee subcontractors who will provide geodectic and unmanned aerial systems (UAS) surveying of village boundaries and closely work with other technical and implementation specialists on the project team. The position will be based in Jakarta and require travel to remote locations in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day technical and operational planning and supervision of the technical surveying/mapping aspects of the implementation of the participatory Village Boundary Setting and Resource Mapping (VBS/RM) process in selected subdistricts and villages;
- Participate in the district and subdistrict level planning meeting and serve as technical surveying / mapping resource person in all meetings, as needed;
- Provide expert support to the District Coordinators, Kecamatan Technical Working Groups and the Village Participation Teams as needed in surveying /mapping issues which arise during the VBS/RM process;
- Prepare data and materials related to field work for use in for technical reports and presentations. Coordinate directly with the Chief of Party, District Coordinators, and other project staff in the planning, coordination, and implementation of field work, office processing, and preparation of reports and presentations;
- Coordinate and liaise with BIG regarding technical aspects of VBS/RM including data feeding to relevant databases, specifying data requirements, boundary markers, and ground control points
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, forestry, geography, geodetic engineering, or related field.
- Seven years of experience in project planning and management, especially in the management of community-based natural resource management, community development, or participatory mapping projects.
- Demonstrated skill in management of technical teams and communication and interaction with local government and community representatives.
- Knowledge of mapping and or land use planning. Knowledge of unmanned aerial vehicle utilization for GIS mapping / surveying is an advantage.
- Knowledge on and experience in participatory methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Previous work experience in Indonesia as well as strong knowledge of Indonesian land issues;
- Ability to travel to remote locations in Indonesia;
- Fluency in English both in written and oral. Mandatory experience in writing technical reports in both the English and Indonesian languages.
The following qualification is also desirable:
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
Interested candidates may send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than 11 November 2016. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Abt Associates.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.