Consultant for Water Resources Advisor
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The primary objective of the Water Resources Advisor STTA is to provide technical input and support to the regional teams, local government, private sector and community members regarding water resources in the three different landscapes (watershed, coastal and small island).
- Provide technical assistance to APIK regional teams, communities and local governments in the management of water resources, including aquifer protection, artificial recharge methodologies, hydrological modeling/forecasting and watershed management.
- Strengthening or forming water user forums, specifically between Government - Community (including NGOs) - and academia (Universities and Research Institutions) at the regional level to help develop local mechanisms to address challenges regarding water resources.
- Build on experience working with the private sector to explore public-private linkages around water resources management including water usage, water supply, replenishment and sustainability
- Support the Private Sector Engagement Advisor in leveraging private sector investment related to initiatives concerning water resource management.
- Support the vulnerability assessment process specifically from the perspective of water resource management
- Support the APIK national and regional teams in understanding and influencing the regulatory / policy environment regarding water resource management.
- Work with APIK national and regional team to understand any potential conflict around water resource management in the APIK target working areas and to support the team in mitigating this.
- Other tasks as required by the Supervisor.
- Bi-weekly update reports provided to the APIK management team on activities
- Ensure water resource management is included in the vulnerability assessment process
- Water resource management plan for communities and local government in the APIK working areas.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The Water Resources Advisor is based in the APIK office in Jakarta with frequent travel to APIK regional offices.
The work herein will be executed under the direction of the Climate Change Adaptation Advisor.
Interested applicants are invited to send CV and portfolio to apik_recruitment@DAI.com latest by 16 November 2016. Please indicate “Water Resource Advisor – NAME” as the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.