To support program delivery in Indonesia, GGGI seeks to hire a Forest and Landuse Associate to liaise with and provide advice to Ministry of Environment and Forestry (hereinafter called MoEF) focal points and other stakeholders in forest and land use sector. GGGI and the MoEF have agreed on a joint workplan, and will annually update this cooperation. It is expected that the candidate will support all stakeholders to ensure joint workplans will be executed within the agreed timeframe and with high quality results.
To be able to deliver these services, the person requires strong multi-stakeholders engagement skill, as the person is acting as a bridge between GGGI and MoEF focal points, providing strategic advice and technical inputs. And the candidate is expected to have a solid environmental and/or forestry background and network within the public, and ideally also private, sector.
The position is part of the Forest and Land Use Mitigations team of GGGI Indonesia and will be directly managed by the Forest and Land Use Lead. The team exists out of several team members located in Jakarta, East and Central Kalimantan, and a large number of consultant and firms supporting the stakeholders to reach their goals.
Candidates applying for this position must be willing to travel frequently between Jakarta and Bogor (West Java province), Serpong (Banten province) and piloted provinces.
The Forest and Land-use Associate will contribute to the achievements of the work targets agreed upon with MoEF-GGGI and will ensure consistent quality across those deliverables. This will have a strong focus on the inclusion and mainstreaming of green growth, specifically related to the Forest and Land use sector, into sectoral, provincial and district level development plans and the development of policy instruments under a jurisdictional approach with the aim of creating an enabling environment to support investment related decision making and performance monitoring of forest and land based mitigation. Where necessary the person will also be requested to support the forest and landuse investment team, with the development of investment projects to unlock investment opportunities in the sector.
- Develop and maintain continuos coordination, on a day-to-day basis, with MoEF through the focal points and with national/sub-national stakeholders, including government and non-state actors in forest and land use sector, e.g. National Peatland Rehabilitation Agency, National Council on Climate Change, and East Kalimantan Climate Change Council. During this engagement it is the role of the candidate to anticipate stakeholder requirements and ensures alignment of GGGI’s services to meet these needs.
- Coordination with GGGI colleagues globally and in Indonesia on project related matters, policies and tools, to be able to deliver high quality products. The Forest and Landuse Associate will report to and shall act under delegated authority from the Forest and Land Use Lead.
- Support strategic partnership arrangements with MoEF and other national/sub-national stakeholders, including government and non-state actors by ensuring top quality advisory services and providing technical inputs to the MoEF focal points, particularly in the development and implementation of REDD+ jurisdictional approach and the development of clean production index
- Coordinate joint and collaborative planning processes with MoEF related with the designing of policy instrument under REDD+ jurisdictional approach, including providing regular programmatic updates to MoEF focal points
- Maintain and develop day-to-day contacts with MoEF focal points and ensure prompt sharing of information, conclusions or messages in the area of responsibility
- Attends and participates in the MoEF key meetings, workshops, events and activities which can be used in two-ways:
- Identify sources of information related to policy-driven issues, synthesis of best practices and lessons-learned directly linked to program goals
- Share GGGI’s works, best practices and lessons-learned to promote adoption and upscalling
- Manage meetings between MoEF focal points and GGGI by coordinating and communicating agenda, action items, meeting notes, reports, correspondence
- Deliverables are at all times consistent and of high quality, independent of changing and complex environments and circumstances.
- Advanced degree (master’s or equivalent) in forestry, environmental management, natutal resource economics, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in managing government relations and implementing forest/land use projects.
- Excellent inter-personal, stakeholder engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies and ensure ownership of program’s inputs
- Excellent understanding of the works and procedures of the Government of Indonesia, particularly MoEF
- Good knowledge of REDD+ and climate issues is essential.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience.
- Ability to identify and advance collaboration opportunities
- Creative, entrepreneurial and proactive attitude, able to manage multiple activities in multidisciplinary teams, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in Indonesian and English
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE --> Forest and Land - use Associate (New2017-GGPI-59)
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.