Job Vacancy: Project Team Leader
The foundation Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung designs and manages sustainable agricultural development projects worldwide. With over twenty years of experience in project design, implementation and management, the foundation contributes to improving the living conditions of smallholder coffee and cocoa farmers through a business approach to sustainable development.
Financed by private and public donors, HRNS has started implementing 2 projects to promote sustainable smallholder Robusta coffee production in OKU Selatan, Southern Sumatra. These projects aim to create a long term viable living for Robusta farmers by capacity building and facilitating access to technology, agri-input and financial services.
The program includes farmer training on good agricultural practices, product quality, marketing, and farmer organizational development. In the second phase of the program topics such as access to finance, gender mainstreaming, coffee & climate, integrated farm management and biodiversity become more important. These components will be integrated where possible and have to contribute to the overall goal of empowering the farmers in these communities.
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our project team as Project Team Leader. You will be based in Liwa at the border of West Lampung and OKU Selatan South Sumatra, in charge of the following tasks:
- Supervise and coach your team and monitor their daily tasks. This includes regular field visits and team meetings to identify issues, keeping the team in the loop and aligned. Motivate, drive and engage the team to go the extra mile and feel energized about HRNS
- Initiate proposals for improvement in order to reach project KPIs and overall objectives
- Report directly to the country director in Indonesia on project progress and developments and write up concise reports according to donor requirements
- Design Training of Trainer (ToT) and Farmer Field School (FFS) programs (content and implementation plans) on coffee production, product quality, product marketing, farmer organizational development, entrepreneurial skills, nursery management, coffee and climate change related topics, etc. Contract external parties/ consultants where needed
- Train staff and project partners on coffee production, product quality, product marketing, farmer organizational development, entrepreneurial skills, nursery management, coffee and climate change related topics, etc.
- Liaise with local government and other relevant stakeholders
- Supervise the implementation of initiatives such as demonstration plots, nurseries and Organizational Development in cooperation with your team, project partners and farmers
- Maintain key systems and processes, including a Farmer and Organizational Development record keeping database and perform regular quality control checks in cooperation with Monitoring & Evaluation officer
- Facilitate baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluation surveys
- Facilitate missions of Consultants and Project Visitors
- Translate documents, reports, meeting minutes, etc. and translate verbally during meetings and workshops upon request
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience; demonstrated practical expertise in supervising and leading teams to success
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and experience of managing high performing teams. Ability to create alignment and solve issues.
- Strong human resource management skills with an ability to exactly know how to motivate, communicate to and influence your team to deliver results in time, and to accurately report on project deliverables
- Oversee and control project operations and be able to lead through change and deliver consistently good results
- Define and deliver continuous improvement initiatives
- Indonesian candidate with a university degree
- Self-initiative and excellent communication skills; accustomed and willing to work under pressure with flexible working times
- Strong leader and motivator. Passionate and able to drive and engage a team
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written); concise and timely reporting skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Have strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Particular expertise on management and leadership is a must. Knowledge on project management, agriculture, and development work is a pre
- Integrity and Accountability, Commitment, Flexibility, Passionate and Pro-active, Thrive for Excellence and Respect
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including CV, motivation letter and salary expectation before 30.11.2016; only short listed candidates will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.