ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
The IR programme in Indonesia was established in 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004 IR expanded its coverage to include Aceh province targeting victims of the earthquake and the giant tsunami waves in Aceh province, then in early 2008, IR expanded its coverage to include West Sumatra province to implement water and sanitation project, which was followed by emergency and early recovery project after the 7.3 SR earthquake hit the province in 2009. Three years before in 2006, IR also open its office in NTB province to address poverty alleviation programme. Starting from 2013, the operation of IR in Indonesia focuses in NTB and Aceh province. The purpose of IR Indonesia Program is to support the Government of Indonesia in alleviating poverty and the suffering through WASH, health and nutrition, education, shelter, livelihood, and orphans support. As an international humanitarian organization, IR is building its organizational capacity as the first responder to medium to large emergency in the country and is combined with stakeholders’ resilience building activity against disaster, climate change and complex challenges of sustainable development goals.
Post holder reports to : Head of Program/Program Manager
The main purpose of the Area Coordinator role is to lead and manage office and team effectively in NTB area, and to ensure that NTB projects are delivered on time, on budget, comply with IR and the donor requirements, and meet with agreed quality standards. The role also requires to contribute to the country program goal and objective as planned in the country strategy 2017-2021 through his/her position as Country Management Team member. The Coordinator will also identify and develop new prospects and projects, contribute to high performing team and organizational culture, quality assurance in all aspects. The sectors implemented in NTB province include WASH, Livelihood, Education, Health and Nutrition, DRR, Climate Change, Preparedness and Emergency Response, and orphan supports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as central point of contact for the project stakeholders including beneficiaries, government agencies, consultants, volunteers, IR staff, and to some extent also donors.
- Proactively build and maintain good rapport with the Provincial government and targeted district government and establish a satisfactory reciprocal relationship including constant communication, alignment with government priorities, yearly report submission, etc.
- Participatory Develops policies and procedures for project implementation in NTB and establish engagement among the project team for effective implementation
- Take responsibility for all projects in NTB, which may require independent working and supervision to project team including temporary staff and volunteers as and when required.
- Support all project coordinators or team leaders or project focal points in financial, logistic, administrative, human resource issues in order to effectively achieve the project targets
- Manage NTB staff in their day to day work: to lead and manage by example, to encourage team work; to foster a ‘can do’ culture by actively seeking solutions to problems;
- Communicates with country office to request and receive support for smooth project implementation
- Coordinates common and general activities of each project including assessment, project kick off, monitoring, learning and review, evaluation, and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate projects systematically in order to capture successes, challenges, and lesson learnt for immediate remedial of the problem and share learning across the team
- Manage and encourage accountability mechanism within the project lifespan
- Ensures timely submission of monthly report to country office covering office and project issues
- Ensures timely submission of all project reports (semiannual and annual reports ) to country office as per contract agreement with donor
- Ensures project beneficiaries and outputs (such as well, shelter, health posts, etc.) are stored in up-to-date technologies such as GIS, mobile technology, and website.
- Communicates with and consults beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders to ensure quality standard when conducting assessment for new project design
- Establishes and maintains relationship with local CSOs and NGOs, and acts as support facilitator, convener, capacity builder, and grant administrator, when dealing with NGO implementing Partners
- Facilitate a culture of continuous individual and organizational learning
- Liaise internally across the organization among different project team to produce shared value, synergy, and build high performing team
- Liaises externally with current and potential funders, current and potential stakeholders, facilitators, contractors/consultants, partner organizations and networking contact
- Manages preliminary assessment and gets involved in emergency response intervention in case of disaster happening in the province
- Potentially be deployed to other places in case of large emergency happening outside area of office
- Attends regular CMT meeting and acts as CMT representation of the NTB area office
- Other relevant duties assigned by Country Director
- Relevant education background in management or civil engineering (Minimum Bachelor Degree).
- Three year minimum experience working with international NGO in managing diverse projects with tight accountability measures in program and finance.
- Two year minimum experience working in managing partnership with local NGO implementing partners through grant management mechanism (preferably)
- Computer literate with fluency of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet and email packages
- Experience of communicating and representation with a range of people, organizations and cultures, especially with high profile figures in government institutions
- Two year experience in managing database using GIS, mobile technology, and website
- Knowledge and practical understanding of and ability to work within both relief and development activities
- Self-starter who is able to work collaboratively across functional areas to achieve organization and personal performance objectives.
- Proven record of effective management
- Ability to lead and at the same time work in a team
- Communication skill and report writing
- Problem solving
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Flexible & Patient
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team
- Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief
- Empathy with & understanding of the basic teachings and values of Islam.
- Sensitive to local customs
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Energetic and able to operate in situations which may be arduous
- No serious health problems
Islamic Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
- All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
- Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
- Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.