KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Technical Officer – Laboratory
(Temporary Maternity Cover)
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Technical Officer – Laboratory will provide technical assistance to NTP, the Laboratory Support Service Development Department-MOH and partners on laboratory network and related policy development to enhance the performance of TB laboratory network, the quality assurance systems and especially implementation of new laboratory diagnostic tools.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistance on the planning and implementation of TB laboratory network strengthening including systems for external quality control and assurance PCO plans on laboratory related topics specifically on Xpert expansion, provide TA to Provincial/District Technical Officers to ensure technical quality of implementation of KNCV provincial work plans on laboratory related activities, including signing off on related reports and work plans and proposed changes to work plans.
- Work with initiatives for private sector engagement in TB control to link with private sector laboratories.
- Ensures that Strategic Information and Knowledge Management unit receives accurate and reliable data of the program progress (incl. the project report).
- Coordinate with RO Operations Research staff to ensure quality of monitoring, evaluation and documentation of interventions.
- Submit periodical progress reports and field visit report in accordance with KNCV – Challenge TB guidelines to the Lab Coordinator.
- Provide technical assistance to NTP/BPPM in the development of TB Laboratory guidelines, SOPs, forms and other documents in line with international practices.
- In performing the work, ensure smooth coordination with NTP, BPPM, SNRL, NRLs, Provincial Referral Lab and other stake holders.
- Provide support to Provincial TO Lab and facilitate capacity building to Provincial TO Lab as necessary.
- Participate in the regular coordination meetings with NTP and Other Partners.
- Attend provincial, regional, national or international meetings of the NTP when invited by the NTP Program Manager and after consultation with the KNCV – Challenge TB Country Director and Director of Technical Service.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Biology or any relevant area.
- At least minimum 2 years experiences working in diagnostic microbiology.
- Good knowledge in TB diagnostic (microscopic examination, culture/Drug Susceptibility Testing and new TB diagnostic tools).
- Expert in operating MS Office.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English oral and written.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated and willing to learn and implement new ways of working.
- Accurately follow the organizational procedures and regulations.
- Specific Working Condition
- As work requires field/hospital visit personal respiratory protection may apply.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 November 2016 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.