Job Title: GIS officer
Job Type: Full time permanent position reporting to UP’s environmental manager
Duty location: UP-PT Surya Sawit Sejati, estates in Central Kalimantan
This is a full time position responsible for developing a sound and useful GIS-system for the application of UP’s agricultural and conservation activities. This includes mapping all topographical, fauna and flora, hydrological and agricultural features. The key task is to set up a GIS-system, digitizing topographical (incl. hydrology), ecological, agricultural (incl. soil types, test etc) and economic features of UP’s properties, 3D map production, coordinating information input, providing information and analytical support to the subject specialists and the estate managers and guide agricultural and/or conservation development activities.
It is critical that a system is based on mainstream GIS programmes, such as ESRI’s (ArcView, ArcInfo, ArcGIS) and MapInfo. A key duty is to develop the base layers of a GIS system for UP’s properties, including 3D watershed models, and apply the system for future management purposes. Furthermore, the GIS officer will provide key input to setting up agricultural test-plots for research into measuring environmental parameters (e.g. erosion, siltation, pesticide run off, fertilizer run off, abiotic factors etc) with agricultural performance (e.g. yield, treatment quantification, harvest etc) and optimizing agricultural practises. The GIS officer plays a key role in ensuring that UP’s plantation activities are financially effective and environmentally sustainable. The position will be based as part of the Biodiversity Division and the estate management.
The GIS officer reports to UP/PTSSS’ Biodiversity Manager.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
- A Master's degree (or higher) in geography, remote sensing or related fields
- A minimum 3 years of experience working on GIS-systems and remote sensing
- A minimum 3 years of experience in GIS-analysis
- At least 3 years of experience in development of data-bases
- Experience in developing land-use models including watersheds, floristic zones etc
- Extensive knowledge in hydrology
- Experience in applying and analysing LiDAR data in GIS-programmes
- Passion for working in a team of multi-cultural and cross-sectoral environment.
- Familiar with mainstream GIS programmes (e.g. ArcView/Info/GIS, MapInfo).
- Passionate about GIS
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- In possession of driving license.
- Willing to work at flexible hours.
Submit your CV and application to email@example.com
Deadline: November 25, 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.