GROWTH STRATEGIC DOCUMENT CONSULTANT
(Location: Surabaya: Short Term: up to 65 days)
Project Overview and Role
Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is an ambitious rural development program funded by the Australian Government which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 poor rural female and male farmers by December 2018. PRISMA focuses on eastern Indonesia (EJ, NTB, NTT, Papua and West Papua), and is the one of the largest Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) program in the world. It is part of the larger Australian-funded rural development umbrella program (AIP-Rural) that includes irrigation (TIRTA), applied science (ARISA), and financing (SAFIRA).
The Sector Portfolio Unit will work to implement the interventions in the various sectors that AIP-PRISMA will be engaged in. The unit is just starting up and needs various kinds of support which are mentioned in the objectives of the consultancy.
The objective of this consultancy is to develop 3 (three) sub-sector Growth Strategic Documents for ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in East Java, NTB and NTT.
Applications close on 25th November 2016. Please apply via this LINK.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the ICT Intervention Task Leader and/or Head of Portfolio, the consultant will be required to undertake the following tasks in order to meet the objectives:
Prepare the Growth Strategy Documents for ICT in East Java, NTB and NTT
The Growth Strategy Document (GSD) is a living document that strategically captures the sector dynamics, constraints, and intervention opportunities in a particular sector. The GSD will allows the sector team to situate existing pilot interventions within an overall sector strategy, as well as identify opportunities for interventions within the sector. Further, the consultant will work with the sector team to carry out the following activities:
- Conducting literature review of the sector from both external and internal sources (other sector’s GSD and other materials prepared by the sector team) to develop preliminary understanding of the sector.
- Working with the sector team to conduct field work (when necessary) in order to validate the understanding of the sector (including the market map, key constraints, underlying causes, and opportunities for intervention)
- Conducting focus group discussion with the relevant sector team to understand the general constrains of information dissemination across agricultural sectors. This should incorporate the existing intervention(s) in the sector, as well as other opportunities may be identified during the GSD development.
- Compiling sector’s findings and analysis in the GSD report format. The report should have enough information to guide the reader to understand the sector. It should have a clear logic leading to the identification of the interventions.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimal Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Highly proficient in written English.
- Experience in writing article.
- Strong analysing, reporting and communication skills.
- Has deep understanding of Information and Communication Technology.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Administration experience is preferred.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.