Save the Children is an international NGO and the world’s top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children’s rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. Save the Children’s programs in Indonesia is implemented by Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik. We currently work in eleven provinces, have staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
AREA OFFICER – COCOA LIFE
1 position, based in Lima Puluh Kota District – West Sumatera Province
Code : AO-CL
Mondelēz International and Save the Children share a concern for the well-being of children and families in the cocoa-producing areas of Indonesia, and are partnering through the Mondelēz Cocoa Life program in Lampung, South Sulawesi & West Sumatera. The goal of the Cocoa Life program is to empower cocoa farmers and their families, with an emphasis on youth and women, in order to improve their well-being and promote sustainable cocoa farming in South Sulawesi, Lampung & West Sumatera provinces. The project will address outcomes in the areas of community development, livelihoods, youth and environment. The significant impact our partnership can make in the lives of children, youth, women and farmers, is outlined below:
- Farmers’ income is more stable and sustainable,
- Village agriculture is developed, especially in cocoa farming,
- Families in cocoa communities achieve increased well-being in terms of basic needs,
- Youth have the analytical skills needed to better understand the value of cocoa farming and have the skills and support needed to make this a viable livelihood,
- Women are empowered to become active in village society, particularly in decision-making, thereby contributing to village development to support cocoa farming,
- Vulnerable children in cocoa farming communities are prevented from participating in exploitative labor,
- Families and communities are more resilient to shocks, including natural disasters, and contribute to environmental issue including conservation of forest through community campaign,
- Cocoa communities and local governments are better connected and support is delivered.
This post will support Cocoa Life Senior Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Child Protection Specialist, Livelihood Advisor and other project team in the implementation of the Cocoa Life Program.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <AO-CL ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 2 December 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.