The Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape is located in the western Indo Pacific region at the apex of the Coral Triangle covering 1 million km² of marine and terrestrial areas in Indonesia (North Sulawesi and East and North Kalimantan), Malaysia (Sabah) and the Philippines. The Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) recognizes the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape as one of its priority seascapes.
The Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape Project, with funding support from the Federal German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), is implemented by the partner organisations in the respective countries and GIZ under the umbrella of CTI-CFF.
The overall project outcome is:
The countries of the Sulu-Sulawesi-Seascape, a priority seascape under the CTI-CFF, implement their actions within the framework of the Regional Plan of Action (RPOA) in a more coordinated manner, with a special focus on Marine Protected Areas (MPA), an Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM) and Climate Change Adaptation Planning.
As the project approach is tri-national, the outputs of this project should be replicated in the three countries of the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape as well as the larger Coral Triangle Region in which they are embedded.
We are seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Junior Technical & Administrative Professional
- Assisting the Advisor of the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape Project in internal and external coordination and communication
- Assisting in the implementation of project activities including the organization of events
- Knowledge management
- Selected support in administration
Coordination and Communication
- Supports the systematic communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders of the project (information about activities, follow up)
- Puts together an overview of project activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Supports project monitoring and updates information on project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results and keeps track of deadlines
- Schedules and organizes meetings and documents results
- Liaises and works closely with the Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) National Coordinating Committee (NCC) for Indonesia, Technical Working Groups, local government units, national and international partners or any other partner as required
- Coordinates with the GIZ office and other projects as needed
- Supports the Advisor in documenting the status and results of project activities
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information on the project
- Organises and updates project documentation and filing systems
- Assists with the implementation of project activities
- Assists in the development of training materials and carries out basic training if needed
- Assists the Advisor to moderate team meetings
- Responsible for logistical management and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities inside and outside the office
- Announces and documents events through various GIZ and other communication channels
- Prepares budget requirements in relation to meetings, workshops and other project related activities
- Coordinates equipment etc. required for meetings, events
- Manages logistical aspects of international delegations/visits including travel management
- Updates the filing system for project management, complying with GIZ standards (DMS)
- Assists in other administrative processes of the project as specified by the line managers (budget planning and monitoring)
- Supports the development of ToR e.g. for consultant contracts
- Arranges daily office supplies
- Maintains the inventory list for the project in the Onsite Asset software
- Performs other tasks relevant to the job or organization unit when the need arises, participates in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavours, and participates in GIZ events and personnel programs
Required qualifications, competences and experience
At least university degree (MSc/BSc) in marine conservation, fisheries or equivalent area
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Ideally working experience with an international NGO, private sector and/or development cooperation
- Working experience with GIZ will be an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent language skills: Bahasa Indonesia and English (fluent in writing and speaking)
- Proactive communicator, very good management and organisational skills
- Travel is required
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to Join: a.s.a.p.
Disciplinary Supervisor: Chief Advisor Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape Project
Day to day Supervisor: Advisor Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape Project
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 23 November 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SSSP_JTAP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.