Swisscontact, the Swiss non-profit organization engaged in co-operation for private sector development, is implementing the Regional Tourism Development Program WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Denpasar, Swisscontact is looking for an enthusiastic and independent professional in the following field of expertise:
Program Officer for Quality and Standards Denpasar office
Basic function of position
The Program Officer for Quality and Standards, under the supervision of the Technical Advisor for Quality & Standards, provides necessary support to the field offices in Flores, Wakatobi, Toraja and Tanjung Puting to support the development of tools to deliver effective Business Development Services, and strengthen service providers in the target destinations to improve the service quality of local tourism businesses.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Support the development and guide the implementation of high-quality, technical trainings to improve the service quality of the local tourism industry in the target destinations. Training programs include hospitality management for small enterprises in the local tourism industry and skill trainings for the local tourism workforce, mainly focusing hospitality professions and tourist guiding.
Support the development of trainings to strengthen community-based-tourism organizations to improve their internal organizational capacity and service and product quality offered.
Assist the TA in establishing and maintaining communication with potential financing organizations and institutions Support and coach local BDS providers in the development of competitive proposals to acquire additional financing to execute training offers.
Assist in preparation of program documentation, including program reports, evaluations and program plans.
- University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of two years working experience in tourism/ hospitality sector.
- Working experience within a development organization / NGO or similar experience preferred
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- Experience and skills in facilitation of training events; experience and skills in organizational development preferably private sector such as associations; working knowledge of sustainable tourism development preferred
- Ability to represent the project effectively and professionally with local stakeholders such as partner organizations, and local officials;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and writing skills also computer skills in word-processing,
- An excellent team player with interpersonal and communication skills and has high motivation and commitment to work effectively as part of an cross-cultural team;
- Readiness to travel extensively to selected destinations
- Ability to works in flexibility hours
- Willing to relocate to Denpasar, Bali for selected applicants who are not residing in Bali
- Preferred applicants from the local area (Denpasar)
Contact us: We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and the opportunity to play a vital role in the project. If you are interested in joining our team where your talent will impact the project outcomes, please apply by 30 November 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate place and position
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.