The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
WATER CONSERVATION PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Water Conservation Project Coordinator provides support to the water conservation project and serves as the principle contact to government agencies, other conservation organizations, foundations and the academic community within this project. S/he builds and maintains engagement with all stakeholders such as governments, NGOs and community groups to support the implementation of this project including coordinating and facilitating dialogues between stakeholders. S/he assists in mobilizing stakeholders to achieve transformational goals for sustainable development.
The Water Conservation Project Coordinator develops key partnerships with public & private organizations in order to identify and resolve technical issues and to widely communicate solutions and best practices, develops innovative scientific methods, analyses, tools, and frameworks to address the natural system needs, and engages local community support for local conservation efforts and livelihood improvement. S/he negotiates complex and innovative solutions with government agencies and other stakeholders to conserve and protect natural communities and develops and implements conservation strategies.
- Supports the development and implementation of overall strategies, approaches, and tools of stakeholders’ engagement to ensure full and effective participation of key stakeholders
- Support close partnership with the corporation team members to support smooth implementation of the partnership
- Support close partnership with key stakeholders at all levels to support implementation of the partnership, including to generate and update information that will facilitate effective stakeholders’ participation
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure the needs and concerns are appropriately addressed
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings and events held by relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of the partnership
- Supports knowledge generation and sharing events on stakeholders’ engagement to ensure the availability and accessibility of information to enhance awareness and capacity among key stakeholders
The Water Conservation Project Coordinator reports to the Corporate Transformation and Sustainability Senior Manager and is based in East Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources management, environmental policy, management, finance or other relevant field and 5 years of government relations or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination education/experience.
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders, including governments, private sector companies, NGOs, and community groups.
- Experience of building and maintaining engagement of various stakeholders.
- Politically savvy and experienced in conducting negotiation with various stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management, and natural resource preservation.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Experience communicating with the public and/or media both in writing and verbally.
- Experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Web Browsers.
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than November 15, 2016. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.