Position: Programme Manager / Head of Programme Division
Duration: 2 (two) years
Supervisor: Secretary General
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people - more than half of the world population - and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmemes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment as well as good governance.
Objective and goal:
- Responsible for overall programme development in line with the organization strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the overall integrity and coherency of the programme development in line with programmatic approach and in full adherence with sound programme management principle.
- Oversee and coordinate the on-going and upcoming programmes including monitoring the quality and assurance of the programme related activities.
- Responsible in formulation of programmes/projects/actions in line with the priority set by UCLG ASPAC.
- To develop funding proposals of programmes.
- To explore alternative and non-traditional funding sources and supporting the Secretary General in undertaking overall resource mobilization activities.
- To take part on promoting UCLG ASPAC.
Scope of Work/Key Duties
Under this Scope of Work, he/she will carry out the following key activities:
- Plan the delivery of the overall programmes and its activities in accordance with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement short-, medium and long-terms strategy to achieve the successful outcome of the programme development objectives.
- Develop a programme evaluation framework and methodology to assess the strengths of the programme and to identify areas of development and future collaboration with partners.
- Develop funding proposals for the programme to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Ensure the programme activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure the programme activities comply with all relevant procedures and policies.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the programme implementation.
Programme Monitoring & Supervision:
- Supervise staff members of the Programme Division.
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of programme delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different programme activities to increase coherency, foster greeter complementarity, and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure the programme operate within the approved budget allocation.
- Manage all projects funds according to the established accounting policies and procedures; this including management and oversighting of procurement of services and supplies to achieve the intended programme development objectives.
- Supporting the Finance Department to ensure all financial reports and supporting documentation are well prepared and met with the required financial rules and regulation.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with programme activities and implement appropriate mitigation measures to control or minimize the risks.
- Monitor the programme activities on regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the programme monitoring & evaluation framework.
- Performs other task required from time-to-time as assigned by the Secretary General.
Special Requirements of the Assignment
- Minimum of a master degree in development studies, social sciences, urban planning and/or related fields,
- Good knowledge of programme and project management cycles and methods of programme delivery,
- Good knowledge in budgeting and resource allocation procedures,
- Minimum 7 (seven) years of professional experience in programme or projects development and working in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization,
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and or development partner,
- Effective leadership and interpersonal,
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and preferable in Bahasa Indonesia,
- Highly developed communication skills,
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities,
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties,
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow and manage,
- Considerable domestic and international travels may be required.
- Database of potential donors, project proposals and fund generated
- Strategies on programme development and expansion
- Number of programme designed/planned, implemented and evaluated
- Reports, publications related to programme development and expansion
The post will be supervised by the Secretary General and supported by a number of staff members.
Please send your CV and Application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with title HoPD_Your Name before November 24th, 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.