Terms of Reference
Position: Systemic Review National Consultant
Languages Required: Indonesia
Duration of Contract: 60 days
Working Period: December 2016 - May 2017
Ombudsman of the Republic of Indonesia (ORI) is a state agency authorized by Law Number 37 Year 2008 on Ombudsman and Law Number 25 Year 2009 on the Public Service to oversee the public services delivery in Indonesia. Public service oversight is an important aspect in the efforts to prevent the abuse of power or maladministration by the state apparatus in order to achieve good governance in all aspects.
Every year, ORI receives complaints from the Indonesian citizens. In 2015, ORI received 6.859 complaints. Based on these reports, ORI has determined that some issues require a deeper study. ORI uses a systemic review approach to uncover the fundamental problems, map interconnectedness issues, and the scope of impact of the identified problems. The systemic review results in the report, which includes recommendations to prevent future abuse of power or maladministration.
To date, ORI has conducted many systemic reviews for various cases, including reviews of the scale of the impacts, types of cases, as well as the complexity of the issues reviewed, but they were done through un-standardized procedures. ORI expects to equip the systemic review with guidelines and reporting standards to support its performance in overseeing the public services delivery. Thus, ORI needs a relevant systemic review methodology for designing, collecting evidence, collecting data, and presenting reports.
In line with its commitment to provide support to ORI, USAID CEGAH will engage two consultants (an international consultant and a national consultant) to assess ORI’s systemic review practices with reference to the existing systemic review reports, and develop systemic review guidelines in order to improve the quality and integrity of the review process as well as the quality of reports.
The international consultant, Joseph Christoff, will review the existing systemic review reports and interview several ORI officials. Based on the results of the assessments, the consultant is expected to deliver recommendations to improve the methodology of systemic review and systemic review report writing.
Meanwhile, the national consultant will work together with and assist the international consultant to review and deliver recommendations to improve the methodology of systemic review and its report writing. Furthermore, referring to the recommendations, the national consultant will develop systemic review guidelines (including guidelines of report writing), assist Ombudsman to conduct a trial methodology of the systemic review and the systemic review report writing.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Assess the use of the methodology of systemic review and develop guidelines for systemic review to improve the quality and integrity of systemic review process and improve the quality of systemic review reports.
Five (5) days:
- Conduct meeting with ORI and CEGAH team to discuss the needs of the systemic review methodology development.
- Review Law 25 Year 2009 on Public Services and Law Year 37 Year 2008 on Ombudsman RI to gain understanding on Ombudsman authority.
- Review structure of the content and systemic review reports along with the supporting documents, including SOP and official script (Tata Naskah Dinas) of ORI in order to assess the use of methodologies.
Seven (7) days:
- Conduct meeting with international consultant, ORI team, and CEGAH team to discuss the needs of the systemic review methodology development.
- Along with the international consultant, interview several ORI staffs to gain insights on the empirical experiences and problems that arise during the systemic review process.
- Along with the international consultant, prepare an initial report to be presented to ORI.
- Write guideline on identification and mapping of strategic maladministration issues to be selected as subject of systemic review.
- Prepare a draft manual of systemic review based on approved design of methodology, which consists of (but not limited to):
- Definition of systemic review
- Methods of systemic review
- Technique of systemic review
- Team composition of systemic review
- Present the manual of systemic review to ORI and USAID CEGAH for review and approval.
- Develop methodology of report writing based on the results of systemic review.
- Present writing strategy of systemic review report methodology to ORI and USAID CEGAH for review and approval.
- Assist ORI in conducting trial of the methodology of systemic review.
- Prepare reports of the trial.
- Assist ORI in conducting trial of the systemic review report writing
- Prepare reports on the results of the trial.
- Improve the manual of systemic review and report writing of systemic review results based on the findings and inputs in the trial process.
- Report on results of the review of Laws and ORI systemic review supporting documents
- Reports on the results of interviews with ORI staffs
- Approved outline of systemic review research methodology (including the systemic review report writing)
- Approved report on results of trial methodology of systemic review and its report writing
- Approved systemic investigation manual (including systemic review report writing)
- Professional with at least five years’ experience in investigative journalism
- Demonstrated good knowledge, experience, and product in professional writing
- Good understanding of public services law and law on Ombudsman
- Experience in working in or with the Government is preferred.
* All deliverables should be branded according to the USAID CEGAH branding & marking requirement
Please send CV, application letter and sample of website/application developed to email@example.com before 4:00pm Jakarta time on Saturday, November 12, 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.