The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from thepoorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from thepoorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of EDITOR based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : EDTR -JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The Editor will work under the direction of the IUWASH PLUS National Coordinator, Project Communications as part of the Project Communications Team within the Advocacy and Communication (component 4) Team. He/she is responsible for translating feature articles into proper English for newsletter purposes and other program publications, as well providing and correcting write-ups for various program activities.
The tasks and responsibilities of the editor will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Translate success stories for program reports from Bahasa Indonesia to English;
- Translate and write feature articles for program newsletter, other publications, and program activities;
- Provide write-ups for IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts;
- Assist management of IUWASH PLUS website and social media accounts;
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and improve readability of IUWASH PLUS communication products;
- Provide support for a broad range of public IUWASH PLUS communications/promotion events;
- Support development and completion of Component 4 deliverables, USAID/IUWASH PLUS regular biweekly notes, monthly highlights, quarterly and annual progress reports, and annual work plan;
- Receive technical guidance from National Coordinator, Project Communications.
- Translated success stories in English as inputs for IUWASH PLUS reports (monthly report, quarterly reports, annual report, annual work plans, final report);
- Translated articles in English for IUWASH PLUS newsletter and other publications;
- Write-ups and feature articles in English for IUWASH PLUS newsletter and social media accounts.
- Corrected errors of IUWASH PLUS communication products to improve readability.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields such as mass communication, journalism, literature, or social sciences;
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in similar field;
- Strong writing and translation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Experience editing and formatting reports and publications, both print and electronic;
- High level of Microsoft Office competency (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher);
- Ability to work with various project staff to improve their write-ups when necessary;
- Experience with the media is a plus;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnarounds.
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 25, 2016. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.