Strategic Partnership Expert - Indonesia
Do you want to be involved in the international dynamics of sustainability, where ideals and pragmatism meet? UTZ is a program for sustainable farming worldwide. Our mission is to create a world where sustainable farming is the norm. Sustainable farming helps farmers, workers and their families to fulfill their ambitions and contributes to safeguard the world’s resources, now and in the future.
UTZ is one of the largest programs for responsibly produced coffee, tea and cocoa in the world, working across all continents with leading brands and retailers, such as Mars, Ahold, IKEA, Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE), Migros, Tchibo and Nestlé.
UTZ works together with major stakeholders – from industry, government and civil society to farmers and workers – to achieve a more sustainable sector for coffee, cocoa and tea. UTZ is headquartered in Amsterdam and has representatives all over the world. We are looking to hire a:
Strategic Partnership Expert – Indonesia
The expert will be part of the Asia Regional team. He/she will help us develop and implement a country and regional strategy. The expert will also be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of partners implementing UTZ programs in Indonesia, and for building strategic alliances that help UTZ to advance its mission in Indonesia.
The Strategic Partnership Expert supports the development of policy, advises on and engages in capacity strengthening for Lobby and Advocacy on coffee and cocoa supply chain issues, within the framework of the Sector Partnerships Program (SP), funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The expert reports to the UTZ Country Representative Indonesia, and is based in Bali, with frequent travel to Jakarta, Sulawesi and Sumatra.
Support the implementation and regular update of a sector change strategy for Indonesia
Build strategic alliances to advance the UTZ SP program and projects and represent UTZ at relevant events/platforms for sustainable coffee and cocoa
Contribute to and develop project proposals with partners and local fundraising
Support the development and implementation of the SP country strategic and annual plans and monitor and report on the parts of the program implementation and budget execution
Support partners in the implementation of the UTZ SP program, especially Civil Society Organizations
Support the partner organization in the SP program with the work plan implementation
Assist in the coordination of a consistent and effective cross - organisation approach to contribute to strengthening the Lobby and Advocacy approaches of UTZ and its partners
Address key strategic, policy and program issues related to enhancing Lobby and Advocacy skills to strengthen the capacity of farmers and civil society organizations
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in development studies, public policy, or related areas
- Knowledge of and experience with Civil Society Organizations
- Knowledge of the cocoa and coffee sector, and its power relations, in Indonesia
- Knowlegde of farmers’ productivity, farmers’ organization, climate change, and gender as well as the related political system and institutions
- At least 8 years of experience in planning, managing and implementing strategic plans and Lobby and Advocacy projects, including financial and project management
- Experience using advocacy techniques (e.g. lobbying, dialogue) to influence the policies and practices of private corporations and in the provision of training on Lobby & Advocacy approaches
- Strong communicator, credible ambassador with diverse stakeholders (producers, governments, traders)
- Ability and experience working independently but in close coordination with colleagues worldwide
- Bahasa (native), English (excellent in verbal and writing)
- We intend to offer a 1 year contract (32 to 40 hours/week) with the possibility to extend. The position is based in Indonesia with frequent domestic travel; plus occasional travel in the region and to Amsterdam.
- UTZ provides a dynamic and international working environment with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach.
- UTZ is an equal opportunity employer. Starting date of the assignment is foreseen as soon as possible.
Please send your application before the 25th of November 2016 (1 - page letter and 2 - page CV, including references) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Strategic Partnership Expert Indonesia and your name in the subject line.
If you have questions about this position please send them to email@example.com with copy to the above mentioned e-mail address.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.