TITLE: Communication Specialist
PROJECT: BERSAMA – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
LOCATION: Jakarta and Jayapura, Indonesia
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT: November 2016 – 30 November 2016
LEVEL OF EFFORT: 11 (Eleven) days
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, BERSAMA
ABOUT WINROCK INTERNATIONAL:
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is hiring a Communications Consultant for a short-term assignment with the USAID-funded BERSAMA GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia. The objective of the project is to reduce GBV, primarily in Papua and West Papua through prevention, behavior change, and capacity building of local organizations and service providers.
In order to begin its program, Winrock International will conduct a Launch Event in Jayapura on November 25, 2016. The event requires to media coverage at both national and
provincial levels. In close coordination and with technical guidance from the Chief of Party, the Communication Consultant will be responsible for designing a communications strategy for the Event. S/he will manage communication activities before, during, and after the event. The event aims to spread awareness about the BERSAMA Program, which will raise awareness of the problem and promote behavior change in local communities. The Program will be attended by officials from national, provincial, and local level agencies. The event will be conducted in Jayapura, Papua, with media attention expected at the national and provincial levels.Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
The Communication Consultant is responsible for two main tasks: to strategize national and provincial media coverage (printed, electronic and social) for the Launch Event, and to formulate the campaign strategy on the existence of BERSAMA in relation to GBV. S/he will work before, during and after the event for a total of up to 11 days of service. The detailed responsibilities are as followed:
- In close coordination with the Chief of Party design a concept of communication event and materials for the event;
- Develop key messages to highlight with media covering the Launch Event
- Provide a mapping of journalist network for national and provincial level.
- Provide integrated media coverage plan integrated between electronic, printed and social.
- Develop a strategy of dissemination communication materials on GBV issues (which integrate with key messages) for the Launch Event.
- Organize media gathering or press conference before Launch.
- Help the BERSAMA team to organize the Launch Event.
- With support from Winrock HQ staff, ensure that all public materials comply with USAID branding and marking requirements
- Liaise with Winrock HQ on Launch Event communications, providing information that can be publicized on Winrock’s social media and other platforms
- Responsible as the key persons during the Launch Event including manage communication requires and exist within the process
- Conduct media analysis on the post Launch event
- Undertake any communication coordination may relatedly assigned prior, during and post Launch Event according the input days
Successful candidates will have strong communications skills, with expertise in event planning and media relations. S/he should possess salient experience working on programs to promote gender inequality and female empowerment, preferably in Papua and/or West Papua
Education: Master degree of equivalent in Communications, Gender/GBV studies, or other related social science and development studies
- Applicants must have a minimum of seven years’ experience working in GBV projects, preferably in Papua.
- S/he must have extensive experience in working with media, including making press release, conducting press conference, lead journalist, and other efforts to enhance media coverage.
- Expertise in communication concept and practices, well-documented approaches to the following integrally related areas of knowledge and practice: women’s rights instruments and advocacy and other strategies to campaign; the breath of approaches to combating GBV.
Media Handling Experience:
- Experience in managing media (electronic, printed and social)
- Experience in developing campaign concept for social issues.
- Experience in developing communication strategy
- Demonstrated success in managing media coverage and campaign strategy.
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of strategic plans.
- Knowledge or understanding of social, economic, and legal issues related to GBV, ideally in the target region of Indonesia.
- Knowledge and skills in all aspects of media business
- Previous USAID-funded project experiences is preferred;
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Demonstrated skills in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Bahasa required.
How to Apply
For interested and qualified applicants, please send your application letter to Chief of Party BERSAMA-GBV Project, along with Curriculum Vitae and (if any) writing samples in English, to email@example.com, not later than 5 November 2016. We encourage applicants whom are available in short notice.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.