The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.We are now looking for:
GOVERNMENT LIAISON (NATIONAL) OFFICER
Terms and Condition
Start Date : December, 2016
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : The Government Liaison (National) Officer will be based in Bogor, West Java / Jakarta
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Governance & Institution Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Government Liaison (National) Officer will be the PIC for the national level project as a whole into relevant government ministries, will maintain and develop ongoing relationship with the government, responsible for delivering government information and services at the community level, ensuring two-way communication with the public and coordinating collaboration between government agencies
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with Government staff focusing at National levels, helping to identify opportunities for collaboration and further support under ZSL’s UKCCU Project (attend relevant meetings and working groups; schedule regular discussions with government counterparts, ensure full and continued alignment of UKCCU objectives with Government priorities, support organisation of Government events related to ZSL work).
- Document the progress of collaboration and engagement with National Government to be shared to other team member.
- Coordinate regular communications and reports to Government ministry counterparts around the UKCCU activities and programmes (produce bi-monthly reports on UKCCU activities; produce ad-hoc reports when requested by counterparts; coordinate presentations and events to ensure that the UKCCU objective and progress are adequately disseminated appropriately).
- Interpret, and undertake reviews of relevant national regulations on natural resources and land-use issues and working with the government counterparts to use this information to strengthen the achievements of the project.
- Encourage the Government of Indonesia to adopt the environmental and social monitoring, reporting and verification system to be developed by ZSL's UKCCU Integrated Landscape Project, as a way to increase the accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of progress towards national green growth development and low emission development targets.
- Create communication and develop engagement strategies for government and other relevant stakeholders within the landscape.
- Increase the profile of ZSL’s UKCCU Project within the Government of Indonesia, identifying potential new Project partners (develop and execute an outreach plan as part of communication and engagement strategy in collaboration with Communication and Education team; help organise presentations and informal sessions when needed; identify opportunities for training delivery and capacity building; support the organisation of relevant events).
- Translate documents and presentations that will be provided by this project to government staff from English to Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa as necessary.
- Facilitate coordination between Government and UKCCU Project partners as well as civil society partners to ensure ongoing communication and outreach.
- Other general project-related duties as and when required
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Master Degree in public policy, communications, international relations or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and the government Institutions ( related with Forestry)
- Understanding about wildlife conservation, particularly in Indonesia
- Knowledge of sustainable landscape approach
- Knowledge of national and local government policies and regulations
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than November 24, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.