The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
We are now looking for:
ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANIES TEAM LEADER
Terms and Condition
Start Date: Desember, 2016
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area: The Environment Management Companies Team Leader will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to: Private Sector Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Environmental Management Companies Team Leader will be responsible to review and provide feedback and recommendations concerning the environmental performance of private sector organizations. She/he will examine corporate activities and ensure they are adhering to government environmental legislation, environmental standards established by the private organizations themselves and, if the private organization is certified, certification standards.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Develop and implement the environmental strategies and action plan within the scope of the project to ensure the corporate participation in sustainable development
- Coordinating all aspects for review of private sector policies with respect to pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Recommending actions for private companies to follow in order to implement environmental policies and practice
- Responsible to review private sector compliance with environmental legislation and recommend improvements
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local government authorities, communities, and groups that monitor environmental compliance
- Responsible to audit, analysis and report of environmental performance to the private sector.
- Provide recommendations to the private sector for development and implementation of environmental management systems designed to continually improve the impact of private organizations on the environment
- Responsible to coordinate private hearing and consultations on environmental matters
- Responsible to write reports summarizing environmental management and impacts of the private sector on the environment
- Being aware about corporate social responsibility issues and recommending actions to the private sector to ensure these are met
- Other general project-related duties as and when required
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Environmental Sciences or any other relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills,
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working relationship with stakeholders and private sectors
- Ideally some experience of writing scientific reports and papers;
- Good level of knowledge concerning private sector environmental management systems, certification schemes and corporate social responsibility programs
- Understanding about government regulation related with environmental management
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner, skill at diplomacy and negotiation with sensitive topics;
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and priorities own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than November 10, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name.
Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.