Post Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting Manager
Post Level: Manager Level J
Contract Duration: 12 months with extension
Base of assignment: Jakarta
Report to: Program Coordinator American Red Cross
The American Red Cross (Amcross) helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI). Currently Amcross supports programs in Aceh, Jakarta, West and Central Java, Bali and NTB. Amcross works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focusing on 2 program sectors: Disaster Management, and Organizational Development.
The American Red Cross is currently looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting Manager to be based in Jakarta office for one year (possibilities for extension) will work with PMI NHQ and respective in-country AmCross colleagues in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project to significantly strengthen the capacity of PMI in coalition building, urban risk assessment, resource mobilization and development, and capacity of target communities to prepare for, mitigate and respond to future disasters.
Role and responsibilities
Lead the M&ER Function
- To develop Monitoring, Evaluation, & Reporting system, mechanism, and activity plan, as well as standardized recording and reporting tools/formatsthat enabling all program staffs as well as management level to track all progress, achievements, challenges, and lesson learn of all ongoing projects in Indonesia.
- To strengthen the M&ER capacities of ARC and PMI Staffs at all level through coaching and supportive supervision, including providing feedback and guidance toall reports development (i.e., CR Report, monthly updates to USAID/Donors, quarterly report). At the same time, M&ER manager should do data verification to ensure data consistency and accuracy to be submitted in high quality manner in terms of content, completeness, and timeliness.
- To provide technical support to ARC staff as well as to PMI staff at the head quarter, targeted chapters& branches so that key M&E activities (i.e. baseline, review, end line, evaluation, etc.) are conducted properly. When Amcross plan to assign external consultant to lead those activities, then the M&ER Manager is required to develop a comprehensive term of reference and conduct the selection process.
- To develop a regular publication regarding the delegation portfolio/program that reflecting status of all projects both programmatically as and financially in order to provide project information required for external and internal use (i.e., power point presentation, 2-3 page paper or fact sheet of program updates/ summaries paper, etc.). Those publications should be shared to all staff at delegation, relevant staff within PMI, partners/donors, as well as to ECOS.
- To ensure that ECOS is properly used by project managers to upload and to update all required project information, including Delegation and Partner Reports, Indicator Tracking Table, Project Documents, and pieces of project publication. Therefore the M&ER Manager should work with manager to get them familiar with ECOS utilization and communicating proactively to ECOS team at ARC HQ any related issues and challenges faced by the field team, and including ideas or inputs for system improvement and increase benefits for project management purposes.
- To conduct visit to project sites on regular basis to observe the project activities and provide feedback and recommendation for quality assurance of project activities and at the same time providing relevant support to field staffs. During the visit the M&E manager should take opportunity to document project achievements, challenges, issues using various technique such as case study, observation report, field trip report, most significant change stories.
- To contribute to the new project design development process, particularly to ensure that all project log frames, indicators, M&E plans, and tools are standardized.
- To undertake other relevant duties as might be required from time to time from supervisor and/or Country Representative
- To manage PMER project day to day implementation with close collaboration with PMI Panning and RD Bureau, PMI Finance and OD Division, as well as Finance manager within Amcross and Program Coordinator in ensuring perform projects management systems, both financial and programmatic areas reflect accountability through some of controls (i.e. field visit, review, and verification).
- To provide intensive and consistent technical supports and advices to PMI at Head quarter in developing PMER system (including policy and regulation, guidelines, mechanism/procedure, tools, training curricula and materials, and required capacity building in internal PMI).
- Together with PMI Panning and RD Bureau to advocate PMI board members and senior staffs (head of bureau/unit/division) at head quarter to strengthen PMER system implementation for better project management and higher compliance with the Amcross/Donors reporting requirement.
- To deliver all required project reports (both program and finance) for these two projects in a complete and timely manner (i.e. CR Report feeds, QPR, annual report, final report) and share it with relevant stakeholders including ECOS.
- To coordinate closely with Finance staff in ARC, SRC, as well as in Finance Division in PMI to maintain budget absorption as project planning and reporting meets the required procedures (timely cash forecast, cash transfer, and reporting).
- Maintain strong relationship with all project team in ARC as well as in PMI in order to ensure solid and high quality of project activities implementation.
- Assist PMI to identify ideas, strategies, approach, or new opportunity or proposals to continue strengthening PMER system that is integrated with MIS as well as expanding the coverage of communication for preparedness in to a wider areas and coverage.
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the M&ER position.
- Enhancing processes or products by generating new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things particularly in M&E and project management.
- Ability to identify, to package, and communicate relevant information for a variety of audiences internally and externally.
- Basic research and analysis by generating new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity; self-development, initiative-taking
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team effectively, learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Bachelor or Master degree in Statistic, Management or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development for candidates with Master Degree and 4 years for candidates with Bachelor Degree.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in written and spoken English is an ABSOLUTEnecessity.
- Solid experience monitoring and producing high quality report of development projects (Example of his/her English report should be submitted when applying on this position)
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management support are essential as well as ability to draft high quality report supported with graphic and statistical summaries.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting with a background and interest in the analysis of disaster risk reduction, health and or organizational development issues and related policy matters.
- Excellent analytical skill and advance computer skills required (particularly on Excel, SPSS, Arc View GIS), knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be highly desirable.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than 31 December 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.