CARE Canada is currently seeking a Senior Director for Program, Partnerships, Learning and Advocacy for our Country Office in Indonesia.
As CARE Indonesia makes the transition from a CARE International Country Office to an independent, national foundation, and Member of the CARE International confederation, the Senior Director of Program, Partnerships, Learning and Advocacy (SD-PPLA) will play a key role as part of the Senior Leadership team at CARE Indonesia (CII) to manage and support this transition. The SD-PPLA is responsible for overseeing the areas of Program Development; Knowledge, Impact, and Learning; Emergency Preparedness and Response; and Program, Partnership and Advocacy implementation and will support the development and capacity building of staff in making the transition.
The SD-PPLA will lead CARE’s shift toward more partnership based roles and business model in Indonesia. CARE’s roles focus on becoming a more equal and effective partner; a collaborative influencer and advocate for change; and a convenor of a humanitarian partnership network. To do this, the SD-PPLA will lead efforts to attract and cultivate capacities, capabilities and ways of working and communicating that enable CARE to take on these roles. S/he will be responsible for relationship building, coordination with donor representatives, Government officials, partners and other stakeholders at field level and in Jakarta and will manage the communications contractual issues with donors and CARE International Members. The SD-PPLA will work closely with the CEO, the Senior Director Fin-SST and Program Managers to move toward more strategic relationships with donors and to ensure continued accountability.
The SD-PPLA plays a critical role in CII’s transition to an independent and financially viable organization by leading program development efforts to raise restricted program resources from private sector, institutional donors in Indonesia and in partnership with other CI members.
S/He will ensure that appropriate operating systems are in place and continuously appraised, and modifications are implemented to ensure the effectiveness and coherence of CII’s programs and collaboration with other stakeholders working on similar issues and in the region.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in development studies or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience in the area of program development, knowledge, impact and learning
- Senior management experience with CARE or other INGO
- Excellent skills and interest in mentoring and capacity building of national staff in a broad range of areas
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development with range of international donors (i.e USAID, EU, DFID, GAC)
- Strong leadership skills including gender equality and diversity
- Proven track record in successfully supporting change management in an organization
- Solid understanding of financial and budget management, and of best practice programming
- High level of demonstrable leadership and strategic management skills, including management and leadership of multi-sector teams
- Familiarity with new trends in monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaboration in complex environments
- Strong communications skills and fluency in oral and written English
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with high level experience in representation, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in and commitment to promoting gender equality in humanitarian and development work and organizations
- Experience managing multiple and diverse complex projects
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, presentation software and creation of infographics
- Innovation, creativity and passion for CARE's mission
What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- Past experience working in Indonesia; ability to speak Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience in emergency preparedness and response
- Familiarity with accounting software such as SCALA
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- The chance to be a part of a great team working to improve the lives of the most vulnerable with a focus on women and girls.
About CARE Indonesia:
CARE has been operating in Indonesia since 1967, initially working in food distribution, small infrastructure projects, health, environment, and water and sanitation. In the wake of a series of shocks in the late 1990s that included the 1997 financial crisis and widespread drought, CARE Indonesia redirected its focus towards emergency programming. Today, CARE’s core activities in Indonesia include emergency response and disaster risk reduction; environment, natural resource management and climate change; health; livelihoods; water, sanitation and hygiene; and child rights.
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly here before January 8, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.