CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
CARE International Indonesia in Head Quarter Jakarta is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE: HEALTH HYGIENE SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER
The Health and Hygiene Specialist shall be responsible to ensure appropriate quality, capacity building, future planning and oversight over the health element in the project. This program is managed to achieve a reduction in incidence of acute malnutrition among children in primary schools, enhanced macro and micronutrient status in vulnerable children, established and strengthened community-based child health promotion and health services for children.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In principle, the Health and Hygiene Specialist responsibilities are:
- Ensure the health program objectives are met within the designated time frame and budget
- Ensure program planning and implementation is according to the set strategic plan, log frame and work plan, and is appropriate for all project sites;
- Control the budget for Health in the project areas : review and sign requisition orders, according to the program estimation budget;
- Design a monitoring tool, based on the log frame and indicators, to ensure that an appropriate monitoring system is in place, and is being implemented by the Project Officer/team;
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to the Project Manager and ensure that reporting deadlines are met;
- Consult with the Project Manager on technical matters related to the program, which would include detailed program planning, budget estimates, implementation of program activities based on the log frame, initiating appropriate strategies based on data gathered, needs assessment, survey results, or arising needs – if any;
- Coordinate with Project Manager on matters related to program strategic planning, implementation of the log frame and work plan and technical standards for health;
- Coordinate with CARE technical team in Jakarta, in matters related to implementing guidelines for specific health programs, IEC materials, and others, for use in program implementation;
- Conduct regular meetings with the team to evaluate program performance and achievement, and review program planning;
- Advocate with and coordinate closely with government health staff (Province, District and village level) to encourage better health services by them;
- Conduct regular assessment among government health staff (District and village level), and facilitate relevant trainings among District and village (Puskesmas) level staff, in coordination with appropriate training institutes;
- Develop related health training materials and facilitate related training in coordination with government office;
- Collect relevant data from government health staff, or other agencies to assist in program monitoring and evaluation;
- When requested and whenever feasible, assist the District Health officer, the Puskesmas or non-government organizations in special health projects, surveys and other activities;
- Coordinate with other government agencies and non-government organizations as the need may arise, in relation to program implementation;
- Advocate school WASH intervention to related government office and influence the budgeting;
- Attend and participate in meetings in government and non-government agencies, when needed;
- Follow established CARE policies and procedures on programs, finance, HR/admin, logistic, and security;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the line manager.
- Willing to join with the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in accordance with experience and competence and is ready to be assigned to the disaster site in accordance with the existing needs.
- Bachelors degree in Public Health or medical health or any relevant background;
- At least 3 years experience with Health and cross cutting (partnership and Gender) programming issues;
- Good communications skills, including negotiation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for beneficiaries;
- Willing to spend a considerable amount of time in the field;
- Honest, responsible, self-motivated and able to take initiative under minimum supervision;
- Able to give helpful directions, detailed instructions and demonstrations;
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in a cross cultural environment;
- Able to negotiate and to clarify expectations of both the beneficiaries and team.
TERMS OF OFFER
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Relocation cost will not be covered. Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before December 13, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.