Chemonics seeks a Country Director based in Jakarta, Indonesia, to support the Global Health and Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) program. GHSC-PSM is a five-year, multi-billion dollar project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities to partner countries and provide assistance to improve countries' management of the health supply chains. In Indonesia, GHSC-PSM will support the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the Government of Indonesia (GOI), and the private sector to provide direct systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing all elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
JOB TITLE: Country Director
The Country Director, who will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Managing Director based in the United States, is responsible for providing overall strategic direction and leadership for the GHSC-PSM program in Indonesia. The County Director will manage the development of technical strategies and work plans; monitor programmatic, financial and administrative performance; supervise the administration of standard project operating and financial procedures; manage and provide technical assistance; and maintain effective communication with USAID, GHSC-PSM headquarters, the public and private sectors, and other donors and cooperating agencies.
- Provide overall management and technical leadership to the field office team
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with clients and partners including USAID, multiple GOI departments such as Subdit HIV and the National TB Program (NTP), Global Fund, and other donor partners and key civil society organizations (CSOs).
- Develop and implement work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders with a focus on HIV and TB
- Lead plans and strategies to provide technical support to local government and CSOs in achieving program objectives.
- Ensure regular technical updating in key focus areas – forecasting and supply planning, transportation and distribution, warehousing and logistics, quality assurance, as well as HIV and TB best practices – for local partners and field office staff. Strategically identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training, mentoring and knowledge management approaches as needed and appropriate.
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals.
- Oversee regular data collection and reporting and lead quarterly reviews of performance analysis to identify issues and drive evidence-based interventions.
- Oversee finances and cash flow; ensure expenditure forecasts are prepared, reviewed, and submitted to the regional manager quarterly.
- Ensure that positive and productive working relationships and regular communication are maintained within the field office and between the field and headquarters.
- Develop and implement staffing, technical assistance, and procurement plans that lead to the effective implementation of the project's strategy and work plan.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies for procurement and logistics services. Assess risks quarterly and implement risk management/mitigation strategies.
- Report results of the project’s work to USAID, the Ministry of Health, other funders, and headquarters. Ensure timely submission of all deliverables.
- Advanced degree in public health or management-related discipline preferred
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a developing country program, preferably USG funded with preference for experience with PEPFAR. Experience in public health programming, specifically HIV and TB laboratory, pharmaceutical and/or supply chain management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex donor-funded public health programs or projects in a developing country context, including those support PEPFAR and TB program goals.
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead operational transformation in large complex programs, preferably with experience in, logistics, or supply chain management.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian preferred.
Level of Effort and Location
This position will be approximately 4 years and 9 months in length. It will be based out of Jakarta, Indonesia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The Country Director will report to the GHSC-PSM Managing Director in the GHSC-PSM Headquarters based in the United States during the assignment.
Send electronic submissions to PSMIndonesiaRecruit@gmail.com by December 16, 2016 with the position title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.