Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Communication Officer Green Energy
Duty Station: Jakarta
Report to: Program Development Manager Green Energy
Duration: One year
The Communication Officer Green Energy develops communication strategies, organizes online and offline communication activities (e.g. conferences, seminars), develops and disseminates communication materials and enables the Hivos community and its partners to communicate effectively.
The Communication Officer assists the Green Energy teams in the communication dimension of each programme or project; provides the communication framework to which the project adheres, in accordance with the corporate values, identity, standards and formats and tools for internal and external profiling and positioning. He/she may undertake specialized communication strategies varying from lobbying to designing social media activities relevant to the project.
This position combines the skills of Communication Officer and website editor/copywriter. S/he ensures that project communication activities are aligned with Hivos’ corporate communication strategy, values, identity, standards and formats as well as donor’s visibility requirements.
The Communication Officer also organises online and offline communication activities, develops and disseminates printed and online communication materials and enables the Hivos community and its partners to communicate effectively. Furthermore, s/he leads the development of the Green Energy communication strategy and the implementation of communication activities.
The Communication Officer Green Energy manages the Sumba Iconic Island website and social media, writes texts and develops or provides visual content (photos, illustrations, podcasts, videos and infographics) for internal and external media.
To support both aspects of the work, the Communication Officer keeps abreast of renewable energy developments in the country, regionally and internationally.
Roles and responsibilities
- To develop communications assessment at Green Energy programmes and as a result develop communications objectives and plan.
- To lead and develop strategic outreach for the communications materials/ collaterals (printed and online),including working with third parties, consultatnts, graphic designers, and printing vendors align with Hivoshousestyle and the programme brand.
- To publish articles on Hivos’ works in renewable energy to relevant media/public channels
- To lead in developing creative ways to publish and or document Hivos’s works (e.g. through photos/art/pictures).
- When necessary, to write reports and prepare documentation that is accessible (in English, support translation into Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa).
- To share and explore best/good practices and share it internally (regional offices/Head Office) and externally (the public)
- To respond and maintain regular contact with the Hivos’ Corporate Communication Officer.
- To contribute towards developing an effective internal and external communication content, considering the team’s needs.
- To design, develop, implement and evaluate the overall communication and public relations strategy, appropriate to target audiences and the message being conveyed.
- To develop and deliver all public relations and communication materials, ensuring quality of content, production and delivery, including preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, learning documentations, podcasts, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs as well as the management of South East Asia and Iconic Island websites (development and content management) and social media accounts.
- To compile and organize news material (information and photographs) to be exposed in the web, newsletter, social media and other media including analysing them for donor reporting
- To be responsible for knowledge management by writing, documenting and disseminating know-how, experience (highlighting success stories, good practices and lessons learned) and information through various communication channels.
- To manage good relationship with the media for story coverage (print, radio, TV), writing press releases and news updates for the media, pitch for media partners in programs, develop media report on PR/media value on program as part of donor report and mobilization of journalists for site visit.
- Have affinity for Hivos’ vision and mission and be driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Have knowledge of and experience in the field of international development cooperation and excellent skills in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Is creative and outgoing.
- Know how to reach your target groups through innovative and conventional media.
- Have excellent writing and organisational skills.
- Have at least 5 years of working experience, in particular with corporate and campaigning, communication,copywriting for another similar website and use of social media.
- Is very strong communicator in both English and Bahasa.
- Have a strong press network and social media savvy.
- Is innovative and flexible and you are able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and international partners.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, excellent knowledge of corporate communication and branding, experience with content management systems, and preferably with image editing.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Communication Officer Green Energy graded in Grade: 9 (from 1-12 Hivos’s salary grade)
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 18th December 2016.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Comm. Officer GE’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.