Job title: Business Development Manager
ICCO Cooperation| Agribusiness Booster
Agribusiness Booster objective
The Agribusiness Booster (AbB) is an innovative instrument of ICCO Cooperation to work with pre-growth agri-SMEs in emerging markets. The Agribusiness Booster (AbB) works as a co-entrepreneur with small and medium-sized agri-businesses to grow them to economic sustainability for social impact. We invest with a smart mix of business development services (BDS) and finances in these companies. Target companies are closely followed and supported by local teams that are placed in the offices of our major shareholders (mostly ICCO Cooperation). Investments are done from the Business 4 Impact Fund to which AbB acts as the Fund Manager.
The AbB global team is composed of two groups that work closely together. One group, based in the Netherlands, manages the investment facility while another group, based in the regions, is composed of business development managers who work with the entrepreneurs.
AbB aims to provide its employees with ample opportunity for learning and growth. Our employees get an exposure to the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the Netherlands and the country where they are assigned. AbB is looking for two Business Development Managers who will work with the local teams in Cambodia and Indonesia
The BDM is responsible for the development and realization of new investments in an assigned country and maximum value creation in each investment company supported by the set AbB methodology. At the same time, he is also responsible for mobilizing funds that will support the growth of his portfolio of investments.
- Ensures the realization of the planned portfolio size for the assigned country; comes up with satisfying solutions to challenges that face the prospect, stakeholders and participants;
- Seeks active participation of companies/partners in a multi-stakeholder environment in setting up cooperation initiatives together with the Regional Office; Maintains relationships with these parties;
- Identifies new AbB opportunities in a region; recognizes and determines the strategic position of companies; draws up propositions to attract local investments;
- Drives the investments to maximum value creation; responsible for operational, customer, portfolio and quality excellence throughout the entire period of assessment till exit for all cases in the portfolio of the assigned country;
- Checks that stakeholders in his/her portfolio adhere to the policy defined by ICCO/AbB and to the applicable rules and codes of conduct;
- Ensures regular financial/business progress reporting within the portfolio; takes measures when the desired effects or results are not met;
- Builds and maintains formal and informal relationships with a variety of stakeholders in the region and represents AbB in dealings with influential parties within the field; is visibly active in local networks and enterprises that are closely collaborating with AbB; represents AbB in meetings, events and conferences where AbB’s participation is necessary.
Key Competencies & Qualities
- A degree in business and/or economics from a reputable university
- Good knowledge of issues and challenges related to agriculture and SMEs in agriculture
- At least 6 years practical experience in (international) business development and knowledge in (SME) investment, financial management, and impact investing in general
- Entrepreneurial: proven experience in entrepreneurship and / or in entrepreneurial activities
- Proven networking skills and excellent communications (oral & written English + language of country of assignment), presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively and independently.
- Good administration and organizational skills and ability to optimize independent use of time against variable workload.
- Organizing skills in a multicultural environment and skills to persuade train and coach various stakeholders.
- Commitment to ICCO’s values
- Flexible approach to working hours and ability to travel both at home and abroad.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter describing why they would be suitable for this job at the key contact stated below
Deadline of application submission is on 31 January 2017
Only short-listed applications will be contacted
Work starts on or before 1 April 2017
ICCO Cooperation, Regional Office for Southeast Asia
Jalan Tukad Batanghari IX, No.8, Panjer
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Denpasar - Bali
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.