Vacancy Announcement at Peace Corps Indonesia
Pre-Service Training Admin and Logistics Assistant (ALA)
The United States Peace Corps program in Indonesia is currently open recruitment for qualified and motivated candidates for a position with its Pre-Service Training (PST) program with the following details:
Position: Admin and Logistics Assistant (ALA)
Employment/ Period: Short Term contract/ 6th February – 27th May 2017
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday (expected to work 8 – 10 hours per day)
Salary: The Maximum contract amount will be IDR 51.016.800,- (hourly rate IDR42.514,-)
Duty Station: Kediri, East Java, Indonesia
Reports to: Training Manager
Peace Corps Indonesia is a U.S government agency partnering with the Government of Indonesia in the areas of technical cooperation and cultural understanding between the two countries.
Peace Corps brings volunteers from the United States to work at Indonesian schools to assist in the development of English Language teaching and learning.
Due to U.S government regulations, the selected candidate will have to submit an original Police Certificate (SKCK) and have a security background check before being able to start working with Peace Corps.
Statement Of Work:
Under the supervision of the Training Manager, the ALA is responsible for administrative and logistical support to the training staff and trainees through the duration of PST. The candidate will work closely with the Training Manager and PST staff, as well as with Peace Corps partners (selected General Support Service Provider staff in particular) to organize and handle all administrative and logistical procedures. He or she will coordinate with staff and ensure smooth implementation of PST daily activities and procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Peace Corps Indonesia’s trainees with their Pre-Service Training.
- Assist the Training Manager in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding the use of all Peace Corps and/or training site equipment and services
- In coordination with the Training Manager, manage all initial fiscal costs and budgeting controls and procedures;
- Acts as an intermediary between contracting officers and vendors, courier cash and/or purchase orders, manage and maintain the inventory of all training supplies;
- Provide phone coverage and message-taking for the PST site;
- Manage supplies and maintain training storage;
- Manage scheduling of all PC contracted vehicles and provide logistical support for the training program;
- Coordinate the cleaning of office and any needed meal service for training events;
- Coordinate hotel reservations for any guests, including staff from Surabaya and resource volunteers/resource persons;
- Attend weekly staff meetings; take notes from the meetings and debriefs;
- Maintain accurate and complete records and submit periodic and final reports as required;
- Participate in training sessions as appropriate or requested;
- Other tasks as determined by the Training Manager;
- Performs other duties as assigned according to Peace Corps Indonesia’s needs
Safety and Security Support
- Provides safety and security support to PC Trainees, Volunteers, and staff and assists in MS 270 regulations compliance. This includes giving support for Peace Corps Trainees to increase their awareness of the in-country environment, building their capacity to cope effectively with the challenges they will face, and provide tools to adopt a safe and appropriate life style. The ALA is also expected to support training that promotes a realistic understanding of the possibility of accident, crime, disaster, injury, psychological trauma, and loss of property during service. This includes helping Trainees to recognize factors that contribute to those risks and encourage compliance with Peace Corps policy, and to support efforts to instill attitudes consistent with adopting a culturally appropriate lifestyle and practicing measures to reduce risk.
- Knowledgeable and supportive of Peace Corps Safety and Security policies and procedures, including the timely reporting of suspicious incidents, persons, or articles
Level and Effort
Performs duties at PST site for the duration of training event. The ALA may be required to work outside of or in addition to normally scheduled hours to support training events, PCTs, and other PST requirements. He or she may be asked to participate in occasional meetings in Surabaya.
Occasional Money Handler
The ALA may be required to courier cash and/or purchase orders to various vendors who furnish supplies and/or services to PST/IST training site, or other locations as directed by the Contracting Officer. The ALA may also be required to courier cash to PC Trainees or Volunteers. The ALA will not be functioning as a procurement or disbursing official but will only be acting as an intermediary between the Contracting or Disbursing Officer and the recipient. In the case of dealing with vendors, the ALA will not exercise any procurement discretion concerning the supplies or services to be purchased or the costs limits of these purchases; these will be determined by the Contracting Officer.
Work Experience, Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous work experience in administration or logistics (preferably in an international organization)
- Oral and written fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required. Knowledge of Javanese will be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of administrative procedures and ability to perform administrative responsibilities efficiently and in compliance with relevant regulations
- Organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy when interacting with vendors, contractors, staff, Trainees, and Volunteers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, meets deadlines, and works with minimal supervision.
- Computer-literate user of MS Office application, especially familiar with MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have a driving license (SIM C) and comfortable to ride motorbike in Kediri area.
- Knowledge of Kediri area and its public transportation
- University/college degree preferable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and Application Letter in English as one PDF file to: email@example.com
Please indicate “ALA” in the subject line of the email. To be considered the email should be sent no later than Monday December 12, 2016 at 12:00PM local Surabaya time.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.