Position: Programme Associate
Duration: 2 (two) Year Term
Supervisor: Programme Manager/Head of Programme Division
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people - more than half of the world population - and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a qualified and dynamic Programme Associate who will be hired for a period of 2 (two) year with the possibility of extension, based on performance. She/he will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The post is to support the Programme Division in implementing projects and programmes, such waste management, transportation/sustainable mobility, public spaces for all and so on. The selected candidate will also be in charge to support the head of programme development on developing project and funding proposals.
- To direct and oversee the implementation of on-going and planned projects/programmes.
- To provide technical support function during the construction phase, i.e. Waste-to-Energy (WTE) plants.
- To contribute to development of programme related activities in the fields of transportation/sustainable mobility.
- Conduct regular monitoring during project or programme implementation phase.
- To enhance and support in documenting the projects/programmes’ outcomes and impact for effective knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- To cooperate with other Divisions in strategizing the suitable projects/programmes for the benefits of UCLG-ASPAC members.
- Support the head of programme division in creating new project and programme proposal.
- Undertake and be responsible for project reporting as required.
Scope of Work/Key Duties
Under this Scope of Work, the Programme Associate will carry out the following key activities:
- Work together with and under the guidance of the Programme Manager/Head of Programme Division in planning, executing, supervision, monitoring of projects or programmes related activities.
- Work in close cooperation with relevant departments within local governments to ensure successful preparation and implementation of projects/programmes related activities.
- Work on project plans and budget and develop business models suitable for local governments.
- Support the Programme Manager/Head of Programme Division in creation of project proposal and project design document (PDD).
- Prepare timely progress reports.
- Provide technical support and supervision for the preparation process for WTE projects; this including but not limited to review plant designs to ensure that they are appropriate to local conditions, to support the preparation of Bill of Quantities (BQ) for project implementation.
- Monitor and oversee the construction and implementation phase of WTE, based on the approved designs of plants, and ensure that all relevant timelines, policies, procedures and safety guidelines are met.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time-to-time by the Programme Manager/Head of Programme Division and/or the Secretary General.
- Support the drafting publication of knowledge materials for the projects/programmes in conjunction with the relevant divisions.
- Support the documentation of partnerships, stakeholders, sustainable development benefits resulting from the projects/programmes.
- Contribute to the general visibility and public awareness of the UCLG-ASPAC such as involvement in ad-hoc task such as project visibility event and/or technical sectoral meetings as necessary.
Special Requirements of the Assignment
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, quantity surveyor, architect or urban planner.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of work experience in construction projects, transportation development and/or solid waste management and programme development.
- Demonstrated experience in writing project proposal related to urban development and/or disaster risk reduction and/or climate resilience cities is an advantage.
- Cross-sectoral knowledge and exposure towards multi-sectoral issues in development cooperation sector is considered s an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, international agency and/or development partner.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (Indonesia and English).
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
- Shows patience and persistence, and ability to identify strategic issues, risks, and opportunities for developing and enhancing projects/programmes.
- Advanced MS office skills.
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Ability to quickly establish professional rapport with colleagues and other persons.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines required.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to travel domestically (inside Indonesia) and internationally.
- WTE Project - Detailed feedback on plants with respect to local conditions; Prepared Bill of Quantities for construction of WTE projects; Completed construction and smooth operation of plants.
- Regular reports on the progress of projects/programmes.
- Developing monitoring and evaluation tools for project implementation.
- Contribution to interim and final report of project/programme.
- Contribution to development of project proposals and budgets.
- Contribution to the monitoring and evaluation of projects/programmes.
The post will be supervised by the Programme Manager/Head of Programme Division and work closely with other members of the Programme Division.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with code : PA - Your name before December 11, 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.